3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

wd1111

Sep 26, 2021
Hello guys, I'm starting a VN using Ren'Py. And I'm wondering if do you think that Daz3d is the best program to generate characters, scenes (sexual and non-sexual), scene backgrounds or do you think that there is an another easier/optimal program to do that.

Three things to have in mind:
  • I don't know how to draw.
  • I have very good programming skills
  • I don't care if i have to spend time learning how to use Daz3d or similar.
I will appreciate any type of constructive criticism.

Thanks.
I'm just thinking out loud here, not a game developer, just a hobbyist

you can look at this thread to get an idea what you can do with Daz, you can get going with it pretty quickly, but then some stuff is pretty awkward to say the least (and you'll have to spend some $$ on addons to make life less miserable in Daz), other things are lacking, and Daz itself is getting quite outdated, you have to keep in mind that the primary reason for its existence is to sell you 3d stuff from their marketplace, their recent big launch, the G9 figure, seems to be quite a big flop

Blender might be a better software to focus on, it is developing in a very rapid pace, since they focus on the software to make things, not trying to sell you stuff, but you'll still need figures, clothing etc, some people here make pretty good renders in it, something you'd need Daz+PS to do, since Daz simply doesn't have the tools to do certain things

spend some time on youtube watching photography videos to get some sense of composition, lighting, what looks good, then look at the artistic drawing stuff (not for purpose of drawing, but general education), color theory, watch some Photoshop channels, lots of great info out there, and only then get Daz and start playing with things, because if you start with Daz, you'll simply won't see mistakes because you'll have no knowledge of them, and once you'll start to learn, you'll have to back and redo your early work for the game, if you had started on it already

Reactions: Leeduva

Orgitas

Jan 5, 2023
Hello guys, I'm starting a VN using Ren'Py. And I'm wondering if do you think that Daz3d is the best program to generate characters, scenes (sexual and non-sexual), scene backgrounds or do you think that there is an another easier/optimal program to do that.

Three things to have in mind:
  • I don't know how to draw.
  • I have very good programming skills
  • I don't care if i have to spend time learning how to use Daz3d or similar.
I will appreciate any type of constructive criticism.

Thanks.
Daz is fantastic for Character generation providing you get loads of assets. Personally I would build your scenes in Daz then export them over to Blender using the Diffeomorphic bridge (Separate download elsewhere - not the same thing as the Bridge you can get on the Daz store.) which has recently been updated to 1.7 to support Genesis 9 figures and Blender 3.5.

One of the big draws to export is that in Daz it is often best to super sample - Render at 4k, or more, only to downscale to 2k. To add AA and help with noise reduction. In Blender you don't need to do that, the standard denoiser (ever since Blender 2.9 or 3.0 it has been fantastic) absolutely nukes all noise and you can render, easily, at 1920 x 1080 for example with out having to Super Sample as it automatically does it as part of the rendering process Whilst keeping Render speeds high.

And, of course, if you have an AMD card you will have a more efficient time in Blender, too, for rendering.

And, hey, I can't physically draw yet I am a 3d asset designer who makes things to use in games by developers. Creativity comes in many forms and you'll find your stride... Just a matter of practice.

Edit: Also, Blender has the ability to make all textures have a max resolution of 4k. Many Daz artists upload their assets with 8k textures which is just mind blowing and needlessly hogs resources. Not many instances you actually need 8k+ textures. If, by chance, you do need an 8k image you can just render at 4k and use a program like Topaz AI upscaler. Which is an awesome bit of kit.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: Leeduva
5.00 star(s) 12 Votes