3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

DitaVonTease

Jul 25, 2021
My poor attempt at lighting a simlar pose:
View attachment 2628755
Any tips / suggestions from experienced artists? How can I get similar lighting to quoted post by piga123
I used a 3 point set up in mine

Remove the wall, put a large window in it's place, your rim light should be the brightest light, so big & wide, turn up the 'intensity' & the 'lumens', all on your rim light. Move your key & fill lights in closer, but turn down the intensity & lumens, also add 'raytraced shadows' to all the lights....& double check everything in Iray, before rendering, even turn down any environment lighting... Also use a 50iso film speed, so you see the lighting effects thru your camera, & don't forget to turn off the 'head light'....

Last edited:

D3xzalias

Aug 1, 2018
My poor attempt at lighting a simlar pose:
View attachment 2628755
Any tips / suggestions from experienced artists? How can I get similar lighting to quoted post by piga123
I used a 3 point set up in mine
are you trying to achieve something like this
lights.jpg This pack has some amazing lights in it that you want for that exact reason. I think you are trying to achieve

TheGrinReaper

Feb 21, 2022
Remove the wall, put a large window in it's place, your rim light should be the brightest light, so big & wide, turn up the 'intensity' & the 'lumens', all on your rim light. Move your key & fill lights in closer, but turn down the intensity & lumens, also add 'raytraced shadows' to all the lights....& double check everything in Iray, before rendering, even turn down any environment lighting... Also use a 50iso film speed, so you see the lighting effects thru your camera, & don't forget to turn off the 'head light'....
Thanks for the tips DitaVonTease ... tried it out. It is better but I think it can still be improved. Many thanks for your help! Any more feedback on this image?
Ann_3p_light_4a.jpg

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
Well... either the one standing or the one laying down. Definitely not the one sitting on top, her face doesn't quite look right.
Yours standing in background and getting ready to have fun, mine sitting on top. She's based on G8F, I prefer to work more with this versionю For Gen 8 is a larger selection of assets and I encounter bugs less often.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Night Hacker

wildcat99sh

Aug 31, 2017
Allow me to make you feel slightly better... My rendertimes are minimum 6hrs and sometimes go up to 18hrs.
I run a Nvidia GTX660 gpu (which usually gets bypassed and switched to cpu) Keep at it, your above pic looks really nice. I love your rich background. This one rendered for 16hrs and still needed some photoshop work to do some noise reduction and level adjustments.
View attachment 1074018
Edit: #Potatosquad
Found this topic coincidentally .... so only regarding to the text:
Guys, calculate the electrical power your PCs are consuming for 6 or 16 hours, especially when the CPU runs at 100%.
After a couple days / renders you can afford a new GPU.
A few weeks ago I replaced my 970 (e.g. render time 1 hr) with an 3060 with 12 GB (new render time for the same scene - 3,5 min).
That - Gentlemen - brings you quite faster to .... shit, messed up the pose....:D

• Haha
Reactions: AgentOrange

D3xzalias

Aug 1, 2018
Found this topic coincidentally .... so only regarding to the text:
Guys, calculate the electrical power your PCs are consuming for 6 or 16 hours, especially when the CPU runs at 100%.
After a couple days / renders you can afford a new GPU.
A few weeks ago I replaced my 970 (e.g. render time 1 hr) with an 3060 with 12 GB (new render time for the same scene - 3,5 min).
That - Gentlemen - brings you quite faster to .... shit, messed up the pose....:D
I have a 3060 12gb and some of my render take like 8 minutes with simple backgrounds but the one im rendering now is gonna take like 8 hours. So can i ask with what pixel size you are rendering ? if your renders take 3,5 minutes
i'm rendering now with 3500 x 2100 with an aspect ratio of 5.0 x 3.0

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes