3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

QuinAdren

Aug 18, 2021
Alyssa: Do you want to see more? Commissioned by
I am currently accepting commissions starting from $25. If anyone is interested in requesting a commission, feel free to reach out to me on Discord at QuinAdren#8877.

Junker Queen from Overwatch commission. Commissioned by

wd1111

Sep 26, 2021
What did you use to get the wet anatomy?
workflow goes something like this:

assuming ngv8 is applied, regular one, not the extended edition, that has screwed up some materials beyond my patience to try and fix them, also regular ones seem to work with body shells a bit better (body blush on the mom model for instance)

* dial in body surface wet effect using top coat weight around 0.1-0.2 and play around with roughness to get the glossyness but not overdo it, else it looks like plastic, 0.3~0.5 aprox, effect is scatter&transmit, mode - reflectivity, reflectivity was around 0.4 afair, rest of top coat settings were default

* then use the icon under ngv8 folder to update the gens surfaces with these new settings

* then from under the ngv8 materials folder apply the effects

* then select the ngv8 effects layer item in the scene and go to surfaces and play around with opacity setting, by default it is 1.0, I think in that picture it was around half

* I think I used also the "copy displacement" icon from ngv8/materials/04-displacement, but I'm not sure if it did anything that could be noticed in that render

rest is up to lighting, lights need to be in right places for reflections to look reasonably well, in this particular case the hdr was providing everything necessary, it had some bright light sources that made it work

in this picture, after it was done I thought about playing around with normal and bump maps for body, reduce them a bit, reflections look a bit too much like orange peel (not just around gens), but it was getting very late and I didn't save the duf, since the picture was just a test for one of the models

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes