3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

0ier 3D

Aug 2, 2021
Set up a scene to practice lighting and stumbled across something cool. Thought it was too funny not to share.
lucy portrait hdr test.jpg
The main lighting for this scene came from... this! :D

G8WT_TL_ClassicalBikini.jpg
Plugged into the Environment texture. Also added some rim lights to the back and did minimal post work (just raised the exposure). Also rotated the environment a little bit to get a better angle, so it isn't a one click solution.

Don't know why I didn't realize this could be done before today. Actually a lot of people probably already know this.
:unsure: How many artists already do this on the downlow?

I know the quality probably isn't as good as from a custom made HDRI, but I think some of the highlights that were created aren't bad at all.

Has anyone else ever slipped a naughty texture where it didn't belong, or used it for a task it wasn't designed for? :p

I think it would be a fun challenge to anyone who sees this and has some spare time. Maybe plug in a random texture to the hdri area and share the results? It might help you get over a fear of HDRs if you're newer. Hope you enjoyed!

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019

rogue_69

Nov 9, 2021
Face transfer (with face transfer shapes, which you need in order to use face transfer properly). I used a Midjourney image, using "bald" and "snow lighting" to keep hair from getting on the face map, and reduce shadows. Took the face map into Photoshop and lightened the shadows that were there, adjusted the colors to increase the reds, and lastly cleaned up the eyelids. Borrowed some nipples from a google search for the torso (if I keep using her, I'll lower the reds in the nipples). Adjusted the colors in the render to match better with the room. If I didn't have to head to work, I would have messed with the lighting (the hotel room is Midjourney).
Kierra in Hotel.jpg

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes