3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

eddje

Apr 27, 2020
Hi there! Neewbie daz user, can anyone help me and tell me what I'm doing wrong here? Running Daz 4.21 on a m1 monterey 12.2. Thank you for any guidance.

D3xzalias

Aug 1, 2018
Hi there! Neewbie daz user, can anyone help me and tell me what I'm doing wrong here? Running Daz 4.21 on a m1 monterey 12.2. Thank you for any guidance.

i can't see anything wrong you are loading skin maps on her body and ears/nails: i think you have to describe your problem a bit better

DitaVonTease

Jul 25, 2021

What are you trying to do?

Leeduva

Mar 3, 2020
I see,I think I know what I might the problem. I'm using a camera assets called I never had a problem with it,or rather didnt noticed before until now. 1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg

DitaVonTease

Jul 25, 2021
I see,I think I know what I might the problem. I'm using a camera assets called I never had a problem with it,or rather didnt noticed before until now. View attachment 2677459 View attachment 2677460 View attachment 2677461 View attachment 2677462

Just look at ''Settings 04.png'', you can just change the first number, best to work x2 or x3 of the default size, a rendered 'photo' will show a 30 or 40% full size image on full screen settings, When set up as I described it... Geeeeesssssss... That's an old lighting set... My fall back/favourite lighting set is this , worth it's weight in glod, (yes that is spelt right).

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: Leeduva

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
I was experimenting with my settings and doing lots and lots of renders as I often do and I noticed some interesting results. I done three renders of the same female and adjusted the Pixel Filter Radius on each one...
Pixel Filter Radius.jpg

The first one is set to 0.010, an extremely low setting. You'll noticed it results in very sharp hair, where you have fine lines, in this case, too sharp (in my opinion) as it leads to a lot of aliasing (jagged edges)...
Ning (G8F) 1.jpg

This next one I use an even 1.0 setting... which still has fine lines, but less aliasing, it's not too bad and one I have used a lot...
Ning (G8F) 2.jpg

And finally, this next one is the default 1.50 setting which has the least amount of aliasing in fine lines...
Ning (G8F) 3.jpg

And all these observations are as expected, but there is something about these I didn't expect! Look at the texture of her lips! You would expect the lips texture to be less and less sharp as the pixel radius went up, but they're not. The lips texture appears more and more detailed with the default pixel radius and really smooth and less detailed on the top image which had the smallest pixel filter radius.

I may just leave the Pixel Filter Radius at the default from now on as I dislike aliased lines and the aparant higher texture detail is nice! I wonder if shrinking down the Pixel Filter Radius, if that doesn't cause it to leave out details of the textures? <shrug>

I rendered these at a fixed 400 iterations, only denoising on the last iteration. I also tested this at 800 iterations and the texture detail didn't really improve, the Pixel Filter Radius made most of the difference. Not the iterations.

Interesting anyhow, at least to me.

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes