3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes
May 29, 2018
My goal is to be a better artist a good enough artist that my render can stand out. But right now I'm trying to make clean renders. Where the lighting is right,and their no noise on the renders.
download these links from a previous posting of mine for tutorials on lighting recommended... :)
https://f95zone.to/threads/daz3d-art-show-us-your-dazskill.4764/post-10906811
i am also a fan of these mesh lights for close up renders and only scene lights on your render settings

a small tip...the mesh lights are parented to a camera...you can group them from create a group and parent them to the camera again...you can click on off their visibility more easily(they block your viewport sight in front your model) or translate them from parameters as a group behind your camera frame(they are in your shot on 16:9 proportions) Enjoy a series of skin lightings and experiment on luminosity values too until you get great results :)
i prefer to render my models alone on scene on png format and the environment if its enormous or doesn't add in the scene you can render it in viewport render instead of nvidia iray...otherwise open a roof or put panel lights outside the windows...study the tutorials...no pain no gain :)

Last edited:

DataMining

Sep 26, 2020
How are the knots made ?
not sure I follow. Made in how to do knots in 3d modeling? Or how to do knots so they can simulate physic correctly in DAZ without breaking?
If you dont want to simulate then just do knots and bows like in real life. Looks the best however can be very heavy if you want to simulate.
This is how I do them if I want to do dforce cloth sims in daz:
1687163306617.png

One centerpiece rectangle and then attach everything to that.

3DReaver

Formerly 'grohotor'
May 15, 2020
not sure I follow. Made in how to do knots in 3d modeling? Or how to do knots so they can simulate physic correctly in DAZ without breaking?
If you dont want to simulate then just do knots and bows like in real life. Looks the best however can be very heavy if you want to simulate.
This is how I do them if I want to do dforce cloth sims in daz:
View attachment 2707622

One centerpiece rectangle and then attach everything to that.
1687163306617.jpg
Is this how they are connected? what's the purpose of the internal lines in shape "1"? why not connect them at the ends? or are they not stitched there and they are there to help with folding?

DataMining

Sep 26, 2020
Is this how they are connected? what's the purpose of the internal lines in shape "1"? why not connect them at the ends? or are they not stitched there and they are there to help with folding?
Yes. Its how they are connected. All as their own plane so help with simulation. The internal lines are for attachment points + elastic effect to get the base shape to appear as though there is pressure applied.
Also the reason there are more than a single is to prevent stress on key vertex doing simulation. You want to spread it out to prevent dforce / sim explosions or hangs.

Reactions: 3DReaver
5.00 star(s) 12 Votes