3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

grohotor

May 15, 2020
Hi, any advice on how to create good looking backgrounds using HDRI for characters that are overlayed on top of the background?

I have seen some games opting to blur most of their backgrounds, while others keep them sharp. Currently it looks like this:

View attachment 2708899
Use depth of field. Unless you specifically want to show something in the background there is no point for it to be in focus, its just a distraction

May 29, 2018
Cora is a lovely character...thank you for reminding me of her! I'll make a render for you using some different elements and will post it in my list. Well art is art and it's also a personal view-take on it...so it depends on what is your goal...I can only tell you how it makes me feel..."She is a decent pure person that is hanging on life...some joy-sadness mix but she keeps being amazed even from simple ordinary mundane things on her working life..." Be back with my own view on her... :)
This is my own view on Cora...
https://f95zone.to/threads/daz3d-art-show-us-your-dazskill.4764/post-11042045

I used Victoria HD 8.1 skin and Ultimate eyes II on Cora 8.1, Idol hair...X-xtreme HDRI Studio Lights by Val Dreamlight and the meshlights camera i wrote you about...depth of field "on" on your camera to blur the background...and rotate the dome on the render settings environment to give your figure lighting that "compliments" her skin and outfit...i needed to apply shader presets on the skating boots and her hair also... :)

May 29, 2018
Hi, any advice on how to create good looking backgrounds using HDRI for characters that are overlayed on top of the background?

I have seen some games opting to blur most of their backgrounds, while others keep them sharp. Currently it looks like this:

View attachment 2708899
is this what you are looking for?

Enter the world of HDRI maps, where you're the KING!

Create your own Iray HDRI maps using either Photoshop CS and / or Lightwave 3D...

...experience:

- Full Control

- Maximum Creativity

- Save Money

NOTE: This is NOT a video tutorial that covers photography or render "stitching" and rendering under / normal / overexposed images and then combining them together into a "real HDRI" image.

This video tutorials shows you how to create them INSTANTLY, with various quick and dirty "faking" techniques...

...including rendering spherical maps inside DAZ Studio and turning them into HDRI maps in seconds!

But they'll look and behave just as real!

Reactions: Night Hacker
May 29, 2018
Reworked one of my first scenes to improve lights, outfit materials, etc. Also rendered out some cheeky alt angles :p
View attachment 2709607
View attachment 2709605
View attachment 2709606

Any feedback or criticism would be greatly appreciated. Looking to improve my lighting setups more.

Hope you enjoy!
it's very good...the only thing i would improve on the model is the hair...if you keep it the same some hair shader preset then...
https://f95zone.to/threads/colorwerks-hair-shaders-for-iray.39592/
i like and use these too...

https://f95zone.to/threads/dg-iray-200-hair-color-shaders-and-merchant-resource.45853/

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 12 Votes