3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

Leeduva

Mar 3, 2020
Another Quick render at work. This time I did a little postwork using Luminar Neo,I might have to get Photoshop Elements 2023. like always all criticism is welcome, and here the list of assets used.

1. MbM Lenore
2. Golden Palace v2
3. Credence
4. Dragon Horde Jewelry
5. Nox Hair
6. VZ-Witching Hour-G3F
7. Z Free Spirited

Lenore Witching Hour.jpg

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
Hi, any advice on how to create good looking backgrounds using HDRI for characters that are overlayed on top of the background?

I have seen some games opting to blur most of their backgrounds, while others keep them sharp. Currently it looks like this:

View attachment 2708899
Adjust the HDRI coloring to better match the lighting used for the characters. The easiest way is to change the color of 'Environment Tint' in the Environment tab. If you don't want it to look like your characters are in front of a poster of the environment, then selectively use focal length and depth of field in the Camera settings. You can also find HDRIs that have depth of field built into them, that way the blurring is already part of the background image.

felldude

Aug 26, 2017
So a lot of people are not aware of the hidden professional render settings Daz has: Hidden.jpg

This is an example render using PSF (Path Space Filtering) with no de-nosier and no post work

Low Light test of PSF.jpg

Lighting is .1 with no camera headlamp
You can up ray tracing bounces change shadows to be screen space approximation (What many games use) and many other things.

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes