3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

felldude

Aug 26, 2017
Im not noticing any improvements. ran for 5 minuts, both had around 1100 iterations so didn't see any impact from the option
Have you tried any of the other experimental or professional settings.

Something about PSF its main use is in games or low iteration renders, and the main improvement is in low light.
From everything I have gathered.

In my option Daz needs to limit the active render option to 16 or 32 samples with PSF on

I see a fair amount of post that look like they are 50% convergence or less, it might benefit them also.

The is an easier read then the original paper so I will link it.
Also their is a difference in the images but likely not a benefit at 95% convergence

Difference of .png
psf difference grohotor.png

• Love
Reactions: Captain Bipto

Captain Bipto

Mar 19, 2019
Have you tried any of the other experimental or professional settings.

Something about PSF its main use is in games or low iteration renders, and the main improvement is in low light.
From everything I have gathered.

In my option Daz needs to limit the active render option to 16 or 32 samples with PSF on

I see a fair amount of post that look like they are 50% convergence or less, it might benefit them also.

The is an easier read then the original paper so I will link it.
Also their is a difference in the images but likely not a benefit at 95% convergence

Difference of .png
View attachment 2714817
yeah, that's much better :sneaky:

felldude

Aug 26, 2017
Nude Beach Trip

24 Raytrace bounces
12 Reflection bounces
12 Refraction bounces
60% convergence
PSF filtering
Caustic Sampler
Guided Sampling

1 minute to render on a 3050
No Post work direct save to .png

PSF 60 Render Convergence.png

Side Note I did another project testing PSF, set max samples to 50 and PSF target 50
I found one errant pink pixel that was not in the PSF image (Im pretty sure DAZ Fucked implementation up)

ICAT compare
Icat.jpg

Next setting Im testing Is SSIM which supposedly uses NVidia AI to predict when the image with be completed and cut render time

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 12 Votes