3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Sorry, I don't know how to use tags yet.. My first day :)
Put your images in between these tags:
Code:
[SPOILER]

[/SPOILER]
If you do that, the images are hidden unless clicked upon. This is ESPECIALLY appreciated when posting multiple images, as it gives the viewer the option to view or not view, based on their choice, and it makes the page load much faster on slow connections. The posted image would then look like this:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
This image is a night scene lit with emissive lighting from 3 physical lights in the room (one can be seen directly to the right). The TV screen was set to total black in Surfaces, then taken into GIMP and knocked out and the "screen" shot was placed into the hole in a lower layer in post-processing. The screen shot is from by .

Lednah

Game Developer
Nov 24, 2017
Well DAZ trys to become a suite with different softwares, like hexagon. But they have a long way before them. And that's why I start to transition to blender.
I am a Blender guy and started to use Daz only because of its human figures. And because of Blender I cannot force myself to pay for props - everything can be quite legally found for free or made for less then an hour in Blender (and usually with 10-20 times less vertices then similar props which are for sale. Add to this there are zillions of (legally) free textures, HDRI etc...
Back to DS - I often try to compare it to Blender and every time have the feeling the program itself is made by pure programmers which may be good programmers but have very vague idea about the 3D work. Therefore the program is full of nice tricks but they are either 1. Awfully implemented, or 2. Well hidden and very counter-intuitive. Sufficient to show just one of the pearls - the way the color-picking is implemented. You need to: 1. Press and hold Alt 2. Point where you want to import the color 3. Press and hold LMB 4. Move the cursor still holding the LMB pressed until it points the color source 5. Release the Alt 6. Meanwhile often having to adjust/increase/decrease the screen. Beats me what exactly was bad with the standard color-picking (making it w/o thinking so apologize if I messed something? Not to mention Daz still have no convention how the assets should be named and where they should be stored when installed so as a result I have in my assets library folder at least 4 different folders called Genesis 8 (just an example).

the_silkman

Jul 25, 2018
Every time I come to post I'm always blown away by what you guys can produce. And then get slight downhearted when you say your incredibly detailed scenes render in less time than it takes for me to render simple portraits! Alas, I'm stuck with a Mac with an AMD graphics card.... But I try my best! For now, enjoy some pics of Freyja :) (These all took 2 hours each to render....)

DiosDecay

Mar 2, 2018
Has been a while since I have done anything in DAZ, So wanted to do a little fanart to get back into things properly. This is my take on Mrs Jennings from 'Urban Demons' as she is one of my favourite characters from that game, I do realise the skin tone isn't right among other things but it is just my take on her. I am not 100% happy with the lighting (emissive plane above and spotlight coming from the right of the picture), wanted to try mixing the two together. I used Fit Control to adjust the top so it wasn't hugging her breasts. Constructive critiques welcome.

Techn0magier

Jul 2, 2017
I have some questions about the lighting in this one. I tried to figure it out, but it seems that I got always confused when I try to recreate the set up.
First I thought it is a single light set up. No seperation from the background by conventional rim light, no filled shadow etc.
The lightspot on her thighs reveal a strip light, if I'm not wrong, so I created on, out of the Iray spotlights. The transistions in the shadows ain't too soft so I figured, that the striplight is fairly small. But I triped over two little details, while I tried to position it. Maybe it's an Iray thing, maybe I'm just dumb. The areas inside the shadows in your pic are brighter than mine. I only know two solutions for this, but I'm sure there are more than that. An additional fill light or postwork to brighten those up. If I try to mimic this with a fill light, it has to be very low illuminated or it would ruin the basic shadow play.
Something similar sparkt my interesst with the bright rim in her right side. The basic strip light can't achieve this, so I thought that I've overlooked an additional rim light for this effekt, so I checked other spots on her body. Her heel and her hand are also revealing the brighter rim, but no matter what I try, her left thigh should have a different exposure then, brighter rim, less shadowplay etc..
So please, tell us, what you did their with the light.

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
I have some questions about the lighting in this one. I tried to figure it out, but it seems that I got always confused when I try to recreate the set up.
First I thought it is a single light set up. No seperation from the background by conventional rim light, no filled shadow etc.
The lightspot on her thighs reveal a strip light, if I'm not wrong, so I created on, out of the Iray spotlights. The transistions in the shadows ain't too soft so I figured, that the striplight is fairly small. But I triped over two little details, while I tried to position it. Maybe it's an Iray thing, maybe I'm just dumb. The areas inside the shadows in your pic are brighter than mine. I only know two solutions for this, but I'm sure there are more than that. An additional fill light or postwork to brighten those up. If I try to mimic this with a fill light, it has to be very low illuminated or it would ruin the basic shadow play.
Something similar sparkt my interesst with the bright rim in her right side. The basic strip light can't achieve this, so I thought that I've overlooked an additional rim light for this effekt, so I checked other spots on her body. Her heel and her hand are also revealing the brighter rim, but no matter what I try, her left thigh should have a different exposure then, brighter rim, less shadowplay etc..
So please, tell us, what you did their with the light.
Looks like a primary light from 90 degrees to the right of the camera with a fill light from 45 deg behind and left of the camera. The brighter strip down the leg results from the angle of the surface as it reflects the primary light source. ZinT, feel free to prove me wrong.;)

xht_002

Sep 25, 2018
one more with the thick model
highres at 1782x2160 just so you can zoom in on that ass ;)

View attachment 254800

i think i have found THE light canon which gives the most realistic lightning for posing.
ghost lights seems to be a thing of the past ;)
these are the best light to have and use, if any preset are required at all, and just one of these and tweak them a little

they should be bundled with daz installs

Reactions: rev2019

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
these are the best light to have and use, if any preset are required at all, and just one of these and tweak them a little

they should be bundled with daz installs
They are good for heavy lit scenes/sunny outdoor scenes, but for everything else the lights are a bit too intense in lum and color if you ask me.

Reactions: Sheknowsaboutyou
5.00 star(s) 12 Votes