3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

3DReaver

Formerly 'grohotor'
May 15, 2020
When is it no longer DAZ-3D

Many programs can be used after a render is made to enhance the image, Lightroom, Photoshop, etc.
Personally I almost always use Gimp for color correction and usually with some hand painting.

There is definitely skill in the strait from DAZ settings no postwork, I even have a 3D signature I used to use for just such renders.

But when is a render no longer DAZ, if you do postwork, if you enhance it with AI.

Daz render no postwork is on the left, enhanced image is on the right. (Sorry for the size wanted to keep it lossless)

View attachment 2759841

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
How do you enhance photos with ai? Google is being less than helpful .

wd1111

Sep 26, 2021

Many programs can be used after a render is made to enhance the image, Lightroom, Photoshop, etc.
Personally I almost always use Gimp for color correction and usually with some hand painting.

There is definitely skill in the strait from DAZ settings no postwork, I even have a 3D signature I used to use for just such renders.

But when is a render no longer DAZ, if you do postwork, if you enhance it with AI.

Daz render no postwork is on the left, enhanced image is on the right. (Sorry for the size wanted to keep it lossless)

View attachment 2759841

I think there is a world of difference between what you talk about and show here and what others (including me) are doing to fix things that otherwise take hours in Daz or are simply not doable there at all

in your example the original Daz render is basically a prompt for AI, water is replaced, background is replaced, hair is replaced. figure most likely too (though that one could be done in ps with liquify) - so that no longer fits in this thread

but I don't consider dodge/burn, b&w, some minor liquifying or intentional blurring or spot sharpening to be taking away from persons efforts in Daz, besides, even back in film photography days they used different tricks to get the final result they were looking for in the photo, not to mention all the work digital film footage gets before end user gets to see it

here is what only couple minutes in PS does to your example (and below the original, but without the pretentious png nonsense, 5.7MB to 500kb......)
EnhancedPS.jpg

felldude

Aug 26, 2017
How do you enhance photos with ai? Google is being less than helpful .
Using image to image with software like Stable diffusion.

I have been using 3d programs since Poser 3 (Paying $600 seems laughable now as its over 1,000 with inflation)

I can render a native 4k image now in Daz or blender, but unless quantum computing comes to the home market I will never be able to render native 4k in AI. I'm limited to about 1000x1000 with tricks you can upscale the image with 512x512 tiles but it is not the same quality as a native render. (They used 8 Nvidia A100's to train the ERSGAN AI module, and If you have Facebook/Meta your images might have been used to train it)

AI can do hair, and eyes very well, usually not hands or feet. Also your eye picks up on AI images because they "flow" so well together unless you in-paint out sections. That is how AI identify AI images (In part)

png is the default format used to share AI images as it allows for the prompts to be shared.

Ironicly in the 3k image the figure is not AI at all, I did a transparent .png and placed it over the AI image

Last edited:

cloudstrife

Game Developer
May 16, 2017

View attachment 2759841

I use GIMP for postwork on my images, helps to give it that extra pop

Reactions: felldude

felldude

Aug 26, 2017
This is the last example image I'll post but for it I used

Blender, Daz3D, Stable-Diffusion and Gimp
The style is in Daz3d so I would post it under Daz3d (Also because the image is 90% a daz render)

Face.jpg

Last edited:

Roman DeVil

Sep 18, 2017
...probably somebody already asked about it, but how could you enhance a Daz render using AI? There are no clear explanations on Google about it.
By the way, how is it possible to upload a render on a AI site and have that work done? I tried with Stable Diffusion site, but didn't find any place where would it be doable... you can call me dumb, but...

wd1111

Sep 26, 2021
Nearly every render I do I will make a custom morph or just play around with the model. It is simply not my preferred render engine.
yet you felt the need to come and troll here? not enough attention in AI threads to your work?

edit: in the spirit of full disclosure, adding few examples of "pure" and "unpure", lower number in the name shows the original Daz render, all models are altered either in Daz or Blender
if I plan on BW picture, I may use specific tones in Daz to contrast later in bw, backgrounds often are hdri, which I guess will fall into "unpure" category according to some

Last edited:

felldude

Aug 26, 2017
...probably somebody already asked about it, but how could you enhance a Daz render using AI? There are no clear explanations on Google about it.
By the way, how is it possible to upload a render on a AI site and have that work done? I tried with Stable Diffusion site, but didn't find any place where would it be doable... you can call me dumb, but...
https://f95zone.to/threads/stable-diffusion-prompt-sharing-and-learning-thread.146036/post-11187459

That is the general discussion area.
Short answer is image to image with somthing like realistic vision or cyber real, inpaint or gimp the enhancements you want in your image.
If I am doing a Daz image it is usually only 10% of the AI image, unless I am using the AI to create or enhance a background

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes