3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

mastergobbo

Oct 17, 2021
Playing around with DAZ running under Linux, and at last, this has just got it's major downsides, but it is not a "doesn't work" anymore.
It is not really a substitution for a Win-install, not by a long shot. BUT you can work with it and do posing and rendering, use scenes, save them, yadda yadda yadda.
This one I did within DAZ running in Linux (ok, and obviously something wine):
g8_nudegymnastics.gif
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

As concerning my rig here, I am using team blue as gfx and so you can't have dforce working, rendering in a window (then saving) crashes DAZ and you can't have (obviously with Intel) GPU rendering. I am not sure how it works with nVidia as a GPU.

But you CAN:
- use your libraries
- pose, save, load as usual
- use iray preview (and quite fast that is!)
- render directly to a file / series
- generally use DAZ as you normaly would

There are some "quirks", like wired characters in some dialog-window-buttons, but It is working anyway.; and the Daz windows resizes itself everytime a DAZ-popup comes up, if the DAZ-window was maximized before ... so, just use a window.
Oh, and naturally: using this crappy smart-content thing and its database in the background CAN potentially work, but I don't use that anyways, so I uninstalled it.

EDIT: There MAYBE an issue regarding these trashy DAZ library "structural Requirements", as some vendors name their Texture folders "textures", some call it "Textures", other do that with "runtime" and "Runtime" (you get it by now, I think).
If you don't know: Linux filesystem do by default indeed CARE about upper/lower-case, so you could (ok, will!) end up with two ore more folders with the "same" name (to you), but for Linux (its filesystem) and therefore your wine-environment, you could have two ore more folders with the "same" name. So you could make it a little easier on you and put all "Textures/textures/teXTURES" in the same folder ...

My environment atm:
- i9-11900K
- 64GB RAM
- some Intel RocketLake graphics
- Linux Mint 21.2
- DAZ 4.20
- AND Bottles 51.9 as flatpak
- with flatseal 2.0.2, because the flatpak-sandbox-thing

In a few days I will try and use an nVidia RTX3070TI in this rig, I'm curious myself how that will work out ...

Anyone interested in more specific information regarding this?

Edit:
This is just a stock DAZ-install, a few libraries, but no fancy plugins on such. But I can confirm, meshgrabber is working fine, so will (i think) most script-based solutions.
View attachment nudegymnastics.mp4

Just to give an impression how snappy it runs....

Last edited:

gr8funk85

Jan 23, 2022
Spray is the best friend and fellow traveler of every girl.
Thank you for all works, great artist DataMining!

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: DataMining
5.00 star(s) 12 Votes