3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

InfamousRebel

Jul 20, 2018
Noob question here, would this be a good rig?

CPU: Intel Core i5 11400 (6 Cores, 12 Threads) with MSI AIO Liquid Cooler (240mm) GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 12GB (Supports up to 3 Screens, MSI Gaming) Motherboard: MSI H510M-A Pro RAM: HyperX DDR4 16GB (3200MHz) SSD: Samsung 950 Pro NVMe M.2 1TB (1024GB) HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB (1024GB) PSU: InWin 650W Certified Case: MSI White RGB Gaming/Workstation Mid-Tower ATX Case (Front and Side Panel Transparent Tempered Glass, Dust Filters)...

bxIvan

Engaged Member
Dec 3, 2017

CPU: Intel Core i5 11400 (6 Cores, 12 Threads) with MSI AIO Liquid Cooler (240mm) GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 12GB (Supports up to 3 Screens, MSI Gaming) Motherboard: MSI H510M-A Pro RAM: HyperX DDR4 16GB (3200MHz) SSD: Samsung 950 Pro NVMe M.2 1TB (1024GB) HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB (1024GB) PSU: InWin 650W Certified Case: MSI White RGB Gaming/Workstation Mid-Tower ATX Case (Front and Side Panel Transparent Tempered Glass, Dust Filters)...
yes until you get a better computer with a GPU in the 4000's series this one has a good amount of Memory. hope this helps.

Reactions: InfamousRebel

Zavijava_

Oct 19, 2020

GPU looks good, and that's the most important bit (y) I have an old 8GB 1070 and I manage fine (Scene Optimizer works wonders though). You'll need to figure out how to optimizeyour scenes and reduce noise in any case - that's something that comes with practice. :)

Mobo and RAM should be alright - I'm considering an upgrade and I'd spring for DDR5 RAM for future-proofing. I have ancient DDR3 RAM now and it's the hardest to upgrade since at this point I'd have to swap out the whole RAM-Mobo-CPU ensemble. And I'd definitely get 32GB either way, I have 16GB now and I'm kinda feeling the squeeze, especially if you want to play any current-gen games on it.

I always balk at tempered glass cases since I've seen all the pics in PCMR about how they explode :ROFLMAO: Gotta admit they look cool af though!

And here's a random render so I'm not spamming the thread with tech talk lol
HotForTeacher.png

Orgitas

Engaged Member
Jan 5, 2023
GPU looks good, and that's the most important bit (y) I have an old 8GB 1070 and I manage fine (Scene Optimizer works wonders though). You'll need to figure out how to optimizeyour scenes and reduce noise in any case - that's something that comes with practice. :)

Mobo and RAM should be alright - I'm considering an upgrade and I'd spring for DDR5 RAM for future-proofing. I have ancient DDR3 RAM now and it's the hardest to upgrade since at this point I'd have to swap out the whole RAM-Mobo-CPU ensemble. And I'd definitely get 32GB either way, I have 16GB now and I'm kinda feeling the squeeze, especially if you want to play any current-gen games on it.

I always balk at tempered glass cases since I've seen all the pics in PCMR about how they explode :ROFLMAO: Gotta admit they look cool af though!

And here's a random render so I'm not spamming the thread with tech talk lol
View attachment 2968991
To be fair, whilst DDR5 is a jump forward and, objectively, superior over DDR4. The actual applications show no real, noticeable, improvement over DDR4 in gaming, or rendering. DDR4 is also soooooo much cheaper as well. So, if you were to ask me for a advice - It would be to get a mother board with DDR4 and 5 compat. Then upgrade the other hardware first and stick with DDR4. Then by the time DDR5 may, actually, be warranted it would be cheaper.

Reactions: Zavijava_
5.00 star(s) 12 Votes