3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
Noob question here, would this be a good rig?

CPU: Intel Core i5 11400 (6 Cores, 12 Threads) with MSI AIO Liquid Cooler (240mm) GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 12GB (Supports up to 3 Screens, MSI Gaming) Motherboard: MSI H510M-A Pro RAM: HyperX DDR4 16GB (3200MHz) SSD: Samsung 950 Pro NVMe M.2 1TB (1024GB) HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB (1024GB) PSU: InWin 650W Certified Case: MSI White RGB Gaming/Workstation Mid-Tower ATX Case (Front and Side Panel Transparent Tempered Glass, Dust Filters)...
It's similar to my own, except I have an AMD CPU with the same number of cores and threads. I have that exact video card. The 12G model is definitely the better one to go for as GPU RAM gets eaten up rapidly. I have really loved that video card. I have the same amount of system RAM. I boot with an SSD, but otherwise all my stuff is on two standard HDDs (4TB each) and I use an external backup drive to backup all my DAZ stuff.

One thing that would benefit myself, and I may get in the future is a fast NVMe for DAZ as loading times is the worst and that would definitely help. So yeah, good system, very similar to my own.

When I render, I use denoising. I set my denoising to 400 iterations, and set the maximum iterations to 400 so it only denoises on the last frame and most renders turn out great (see my posts in here). I turn off quality as I want it to stop at 400 iterations. Most of my renders only take a couple minutes this way with the RTX3060 12G. For more complex scenes with 3 or more characters or a more complex environment, I will double the iterations to 800. But it is still pretty quick.

And, like others... I'll add in a random render of my own (using the above settings) to keep on topic... :)

Bill and Wanda - Kitchen 4.jpg

Last edited:

InfamousRebel

Jul 20, 2018
It's similar to my own, except I have an AMD CPU with the same number of cores and threads. I have that exact video card. The 12G model is definitely the better one to go for as GPU RAM gets eaten up rapidly. I have really loved that video card. I have the same amount of system RAM. I boot with an SSD, but otherwise all my stuff is on two standard HDDs (4TB each) and I use an external backup drive to backup all my DAZ stuff.

One thing that would benefit myself, and I may get in the future is a fast NVMe for DAZ as loading times is the worst and that would definitely help. So yeah, good system, very similar to my own.

When I render, I use denoising. I set my denoising to 400 iterations, and set the maximum iterations to 400 so it only denoises on the last frame and most renders turn out great (see my posts in here). I turn off quality as I want it to stop at 400 iterations. Most of my renders only take a couple minutes this way with the RTX3060 12G. For more complex scenes with 3 or more characters or a more complex environment, I will double the iterations to 800. But it is still pretty quick.

And, like others... I'll add in a random render of my own (using the above settings) to keep on topic... :)

View attachment 2969857
[/QUOTE
Thanks for your input, put my mind at ease. I've ordered it so I'll be posting some work next week.

InfamousRebel

Jul 20, 2018
GPU looks good, and that's the most important bit (y) I have an old 8GB 1070 and I manage fine (Scene Optimizer works wonders though). You'll need to figure out how to optimizeyour scenes and reduce noise in any case - that's something that comes with practice. :)

Mobo and RAM should be alright - I'm considering an upgrade and I'd spring for DDR5 RAM for future-proofing. I have ancient DDR3 RAM now and it's the hardest to upgrade since at this point I'd have to swap out the whole RAM-Mobo-CPU ensemble. And I'd definitely get 32GB either way, I have 16GB now and I'm kinda feeling the squeeze, especially if you want to play any current-gen games on it.

I always balk at tempered glass cases since I've seen all the pics in PCMR about how they explode :ROFLMAO: Gotta admit they look cool af though!

And here's a random render so I'm not spamming the thread with tech talk lol
View attachment 2968991
Thanks for the feed back. I still have tons of learning to do, been pissing about on way below par laptops, been getting practice in with trying to make characters look unique too, I literally have work there that my laptop wouldn't render properly so I'm looking forward to getting to grips on what is for me, a really big upgrade.

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
Thanks for the feed back. I still have tons of learning to do, been pissing about on way below par laptops, been getting practice in with trying to make characters look unique too, I literally have work there that my laptop wouldn't render properly so I'm looking forward to getting to grips on what is for me, a really big upgrade.
If you go back over a year ago, all my renders were done with a GTX1050TI video card with only 4G of VRAM on it. I still managed to get the renders out, though I could only fit two characters in a render (three with A LOT of polygon hiding). The 12G on the 3060 has been a godsend.

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes