3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

HawkyDawky

Mar 18, 2019
Warning: Horror scene! Blood and such!
Follow up to the whole "party wipe" scene I did. This time the group of trolls won... Lots of details in this one
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Thanks for the warning.
Very nice work, even if the theme is not for me ! (y)

BzPz

Jan 16, 2022
No morbid shit.
No silly animals.
No corrupting covers of collectable comics.
No facsimiles of French fashion photographers with a fetish for fit chicks fighting fish.
No fancy lighting, funny angles, or even Depth-of-Field.

Just big wet boobs fresh from the shower.

Enjoy.

Fresh 1.jpg

Fresh 2.jpg

Fresh 3.jpg

Greyboxx

Oct 15, 2023
80-90% of my work these days is trash, It's annoying because I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong and how to improve it, I just feel like recently the quality of my work has dropped massively (apart from the odd image here and there) I hate this image below but can't really figure out what to do with it.
Oftentimes no one is more critical of art than the artist which created it. I know that feeling as well. This one has a solid foundation but the devil is in the details and I feel it's missing a number of those. This is going to be long and maybe a bit nit-picky but I'll run down the things that I think could be improved.

The pose is okay but it's somewhat unnatural for the couch she's sitting on as the armrest would be too short to rest against that way comfortably. An easy way to fix that would be to put a larger throw pillow behind her.

With weight in mind her heel should be sunken into the couch back. I think the pose could be improved by bringing the thighs closer together (closed even) and have them pushing more into the couch back as well while using a squish morph to simulate pressure on the side of the thighs. Back to the feet there could be some minor flexion at the ball of the feet or a higher arch to add some shape to the otherwise flat sole. And to go one final step further, on the very rare occasion that I have shown the underside of a characters feet I've used to add a little more realism since very few character skins have any bump/normal detailing there at all.

Again on weight and gravity, in that pose her leg size should taper out towards the upper thigh .

Another thing I noticed with the pose is the fingers. The left hand is fine but the right hand has the fingertips straight which they are almost never that way naturally, even flexing them inwards a few degrees helps a lot. I know it's a lot more work but I would also make a morph to add a slight pressure imprint on the thigh around the hand as it looks unnatural just kind of floating there and barely touching.

The last few things are really dependent on if you're trying to tell a story with the image or just making a pinup. If you're trying to tell a story then my immediate question is: Why is she naked but wearing fingerless gloves and an armband? It seems out of place. Personally I would get rid of those and opt to have a blanket or some clothing draped on the couch and have her looking up and to the right of the image as though she's just seeing someone she has been waiting for (extra detail: have the shadow of the out of frame person cascading onto the couch). As it stands I can't entirely tell if she's looking at the camera or not.

Sorry for the wall of text but I hope that helps somewhat. Otherwise I still think it's a great image that you've made!

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
What do yall think of this lighting? How would you improve it?

View attachment 3149145
Make note of the environment. At least here in the US most schools have very harsh florescent lighting, so maybe turn the ceiling lights into an emissive surface with a cool or even a very slight green tint. Make sure there is light coming through the windows. Don't make the window side light the only lights in the scene. You could also use some ghost lights if the environment doesn't include light fixtures.

Here is an example of bad but typical school lighting.
View attachment content_dam_leds_onlinearticles_2017_12_ledssilacuityb122817.webp

LEDs offer better school lighting, but even what most people call 'Daylight' is a much higher temperature than actual sunlight (higher temp means more blue or harsher whites). A lot of people just light scenes with no concern for the environment they are trying to replicate or where shadows are cast, if they have any shadows at all. It is very good that you are asking about lighting.

Kvitravn Dev

Making Memories / Further Education
Game Developer
Jul 1, 2020
I'd really appreciate some feedback on this. I spent a few hours trying to get it right and I think it's as good as I'm gonna get it.

It's not perfect though. Facepalm me if it looks dumb, Sad if you can't even tell what I did, or something else if you dig it :KEK:

View attachment 3149856
It's very pretty, Just noticed something- the right leg doesn't share the same pressure morph as the left one does.

• Red Heart
Reactions: vehemental

ArturiousDesign

Engaged Member
Jan 31, 2019
Make note of the environment. At least here in the US most schools have very harsh florescent lighting, so maybe turn the ceiling lights into an emissive surface with a cool or even a very slight green tint. Make sure there is light coming through the windows. Don't make the window side light the only lights in the scene. You could also use some ghost lights if the environment doesn't include light fixtures.

Here is an example of bad but typical school lighting.
View attachment 3149592

LEDs offer better school lighting, but even what most people call 'Daylight' is a much higher temperature than actual sunlight (higher temp means more blue or harsher whites). A lot of people just light scenes with no concern for the environment they are trying to replicate or where shadows are cast, if they have any shadows at all. It is very good that you are asking about lighting.
so you're saying it's too warm in the room? Yeah I noticed that too. I have a cold white emissive for all the lights, but I think kuz of all the wood, the light is reflecting all that orange. idk how to fix that ...

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes