3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

Officina_Sopianae

Game Developer
Nov 10, 2022
I'm sorry but in my mind this plays out like this. :sneaky:
"I'll be right behind you while you slice up that big carrot with that knife. So me and my carrot is on the safe side"
I'm not saying that I didn't had the same idea. I had an idea that the story will escalate in a way that the other carrot comes out between her leg and she stabs the knife next to it. I left it out :)

• Haha
Reactions: Nulldev

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
Nope, just trolling.
Successfully, given the number of responses it elicits ... As has been pointed out a few times before a 'Like', regadless of the emojii used, is a positive on your (y) Reaction Score so roll with it, ignore the festering pustule and keep the thread focused on the topic, free of needless responses.

Jumbi

Feb 17, 2020
Getting decent lighting in tight spaces is frigging hard. And camera angles, bah.
Why did I write this part of the script, it's gonna be a pain to get it looking good enough.
Work in progress I guess.
View attachment 3192599

View attachment 3192600
Ghost lights might be the answer. I mean. I have not tried a scene like that yet, but with the lack of spots to place your usual scene lights and it being a enclosed environment, it makes sense to use ghost lights.

BzPz

Jan 16, 2022
Ghost lights might be the answer. I mean. I have not tried a scene like that yet, but with the lack of spots to place your usual scene lights and it being a enclosed environment, it makes sense to use ghost lights.
Yeah, I pretty much only use ghost lights in my scenes. Sticking them on ceilings works wonders to light up a whole room.
A curved one following (part of) the ceiling in this case, a half cylinder on the floor, a couple big ones for the outside.
Still, an enclosed space like this requires more lights from more angles than usual.
And then I fiddle with the lumens and the colour.
Different poses will reveal more blind spots where the lights are wonky; what looks good from one angle looks like crap from another...

Reactions: Zavijava_

PikZik

Oct 3, 2020
I forgot to mention that for 3 years I was a proud member of the "potatosquad". Well I'm not anymore. I joined the RTX 40XX Team now. :cool:

Winter NIght.jpg

Mates, you're talking about our fellow facepalmer but you all missed his best post ever... :LOL:
Today i give unbelieveble lots of likes. Quality level of this page grow up!!!
Btw, thank you so much Losersriot 'cause I had not yet had the honor of having this famous facepalm and now that I have received two I will cherish them 'til the day I die. ;)

Last edited:

Jumbi

Feb 17, 2020
Yeah, I pretty much only use ghost lights in my scenes. Sticking them on ceilings works wonders to light up a whole room.
A curved one following (part of) the ceiling in this case, a half cylinder on the floor, a couple big ones for the outside.
Still, an enclosed space like this requires more lights from more angles than usual.
And then I fiddle with the lumens and the colour.
Different poses will reveal more blind spots where the lights are wonky; what looks good from one angle looks like crap from another...
I was gonna suggest to also add other lights outside of the car to light the interior from there as well. But your scene seems to be happening at night, right? That approach I was thinking of is more suitable for day light. But still, you can add an HDRI suitable for night scenes to yours. That still might help with the overall lighting, I guess.

EDIT: Or even just use Sun-Sky settings and set them up together with the tone mapping to mimic urban lighting at night. Damn, your situation has made me itchy to experiment with a scene like yours. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Tony0558

Jul 17, 2020
Amari started to get a little animated when she got another drink into her, and it seemed that the more she talked, the more animated she got. Before long, she wanted to continue their conversation in a more... comfortable environment.

"I've got an idea. I don't live too far from here, just around the corner, actually. Why don't you come over to my place for a little bit. We can continue our conversation and maybe have a nightcap... see what happens?"
Amani&Charli.png
"You know what, sugar? I would love to continue this elsewhere. Let me settle up our tab here and I'll be ready to go."

BzPz

Jan 16, 2022
I was gonna suggest to also add other lights outside of the car to light the interior from there as well. But your scene seems to be happening at night, right? That approach I was thinking of is more suitable for day light. But still, you can add an HDRI suitable for night scenes to yours. That still might help with the overall lighting, I guess.

EDIT: Or even just use Sun-Sky settings and set them up together with the tone mapping to mimic urban lighting at night. Damn, your situation has made me itchy to experiment with a scene like yours. :ROFLMAO:
There are lights shining in from the outside to provide a bit "overall" light, or extra on the driver.
But, the ladies have the light on in the backseat to provide a show.
So now comes the problem of simulating a real world light in a DAZ scene.

Back when I started, I thought using a single prop with an emissive surface would be enough "I use just 1 lamp to light my room IRL, so it should work".
It can work, but not in every scene and it relies on reflective surfaces and a whole bunch of other stuff like I can't comprehend (just like IRL).

For example, this is one of my early renders using "SCENE ONLY" with just the bus stop light prop and a ghost light around that prop.
Waiting.jpg

Waiting - scene overview.jpg
It works because the scene has other stuff that helps spread the light around, like the roof and glass of the bus stop, the back wall, the floor, and even the woman.
If I were to remove parts of the scene that are out of shot of the camera, the light would behave different.
But it also works because the light has space to go (if that makes sense), something not available in a cramped taxi.

Sure, now I would use more lights for extra flavour and probably spend way too long figuring out what effect I want .
"There's a car coming, so there's light from that. Also there's a stoplight, is it green or red? How big is the moon?"
I still use HDRI sometimes, but mostly at 0.2 strength with a subdued colour.

Anyway, lights in DAZ and getting that perfect scene you can almost see in your head, but constantly change your mind about, right?

instancabile

Dec 10, 2017
Getting decent lighting in tight spaces is frigging hard. And camera angles, bah.
Why did I write this part of the script, it's gonna be a pain to get it looking good enough.
Work in progress I guess.
View attachment 3192599

View attachment 3192600
Maybe it's me but I don't see the difficulties. Here an example that I made in ten minutes, fifteen if you count the rendering time

example of driving render.png

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes