3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

BzPz

Jan 16, 2022
Maybe it's me but I don't see the difficulties. Here an example that I made in ten minutes, fifteen if you count the rendering time

View attachment 3193072
There are a few difference between your example and mine.
From what I see:
You only have 1 point of possible focus (the driver), I have multiple because the scene would shift between cameras.
You have only outside lights, I also have lights inside that focus on the backseat but not the front.
Presumably you only intent to use that render for this one shot. I need to use the same set-up for multiple angles, shifting the outside lights to simulate movement of the car, but also keeping lights focused on the backseat, all while the characters are moving around.

But hey, could be I'm just simple and you're better than I am. It's very likely.

instancabile

Dec 10, 2017
There are a few difference between your example and mine.
From what I see:
You only have 1 point of possible focus (the driver), I have multiple because the scene would shift between cameras.
You have only outside lights, I also have lights inside that focus on the backseat but not the front.
Presumably you only intent to use that render for this one shot. I need to use the same set-up for multiple angles, shifting the outside lights to simulate movement of the car, but also keeping lights focused on the backseat, all while the characters are moving around.

But hey, could be I'm just simple and you're better than I am. It's very likely.
There are 3 points of lights, two outside and one inside, because it's night it's not possible to have a bright ambient in a driving car. To keep real the thing. and of course I use distortion, but that was just a desing choice

Like in the attach (nothing fancy)
Immagine 2023-12-21 192052.jpg

Last edited:

Jumbi

Feb 17, 2020
For example, this is one of my early renders using "SCENE ONLY" with just the bus stop light prop and a ghost light around that prop.
View attachment 3193002

View attachment 3193004
It works because the scene has other stuff that helps spread the light around, like the roof and glass of the bus stop, the back wall, the floor, and even the woman.
If I were to remove parts of the scene that are out of shot of the camera, the light would behave different.
But it also works because the light has space to go (if that makes sense), something not available in a cramped taxi.
The light in this scene works well, I agree. It probably would have also worked fine with some kind of environment lighting added in the mix. After all, it's an exterior scene. It only makes sense to have some environmental light in it, even if it's minimal. But it's your scene and your choice, of course. You've got to do what works best for you.

Again, environment lighting (be it an HDRI map or Sun-Sky settings) would fit that purpose nicely. You just have to rotate the dome to change the way the environment light fills your scene. Anyway, I'm sure you will find a formula to give shape to the idea you want to portray with the light in your scene.

instancabile

Dec 10, 2017
There are 3 points of lights, two outside and one inside, because it's night it's not possible to have a bright ambient in a driving car. To keep real the thing. and of course I use distortion, but that was just a desing choice

Like in the attach (nothing fancy)
View attachment 3193148
Same environment but different point of view. I change the spotlight with a sphere with shader and the characters are Genesis 3 with G9 shaders. The rendering was 25 minutes

Uber Driver.jpg

Version 2 after some photoshop

Uber Driver.jpg

Version 3 more night

Uber Driver.jpg

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 12 Votes