3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

Jumbi

Feb 17, 2020
Realistic face and textures - body in the trash! :ROFLMAO:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
The main promo image does a good job in selling the product. Looks a lot like her. I must admit that these lifelike models of real people make me feel a little uneasy for some reason, though. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Reactions: The Japanese

ItsNotUs

May 14, 2023
The main promo image does a good job on selling the product. Looks a lot like her. I must admit that these lifelike models of real people make me feel a little uneasy for some reason, though. :ROFLMAO:
In fact, this is one of the many models from this author that i really liked.
Work a little on the face and replace the body, because her standard body is like that of an 80 year hag :ROFLMAO: !
Photorealistic textures don’t look bad, but they make it harder to work with.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

mastergobbo

Oct 17, 2021
This is 1 of the new characters I am working on. Her name is Maneet. 1 problem I am having is if you look at her forehead there is a black line. I don't know how to get rid of it. The only thing I can think of is it just needs to finish rendering. It was only at 94% when I took the picture but all the other posts I did were less than that and this never happened to them. Do I just let it finish rendering and see what happens? View attachment 3277932
As grima_grima pointed out, most of the time there are special morphs for hair to avoid these errors.
The problem is, most of the time, there is some kind of headcap with no tex, but because it does not fit your character 100%, it intersects with its geometry and the result is what you see. Try using the texture-picker tool on the hair, and you will get to see a yellow-tinted section (just to indicate the "cap")
You CAN use the scaling as well, and if no special morph is present, try to use that on the headcap. Just try not to scale too much, at max maybe 2%. Bigger scaling results in unusable hair, try it, you will see what I mean. What you CAN do, is just using X or Z scaling, that is more usable.
Speaking of the cap: Some hair provides multiple parts, and sometimes these special morphs are on the cap, and the hair itself is parented to the cap. So maybe, if the hair has no dedicated morph, the cap will.
Another way could be (in the before mentioned case) simply to make the cap invisible. This comes with its own problems, because if that cap has a texture itself, the rendered result may look weird without the cap-texture.
Next, there COULD be some special morphs for parts of the head, eg. forehead/back/sides/left/right. Play with those if they are available. In your case here, you could well get away with extending the hair on the forehead only, about 1-2%.
Also, you could add a smoothing modifier to the hair, and let it depend on the figure itself, OR the headcap maybe. This method has its own sets of problems, because it may slow your posing noticeably, because of the constant smoothing. So best to deactivate that as long as you do not render.
The big advantage (for long-ish hair at least) is, your hair doesn't clip into your character for the most part.

So much for that... good rendering!

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes