3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

Jumbi

Feb 17, 2020
Hello,

Hi, I'm wondering if anyone can send me a link or suggest a product which will

include the Iray ghost light factor script. This is used to prevent an emissive/mesh/ghost light

from being shown thru any reflective surface like a mirror or shiny floor/wall surfaces.

View attachment 3962420
You don't need anything extra for that. Starting from the , the updated version of Iray in Daz Studio natively supports turning mesh lights into proper ghost lights, as explained . If you have the latest general release version of DS (v4.22.0.16), you are good to go.

In my quest to get better at lighting... I failed to realize how important the Tonemapper Options are.. these images have the exact same lighting... the only difference is that I changed the Exposure Value, Shutter Speed, F/Stop, and Environment Tint. View attachment 3962521
Yes, both the tone mapping and the Environment tabs of the Render settings offer adjustments that can come in very handy. About the exposure level control, the easiest, straightest way is just adjusting the 'Exposure value', which is effected by the next four settings: 'Shutter Speed (1/x)', 'F/Stop', 'Film ISO' and the 'cm^2 Factor'.

BlenderGuy

Nov 17, 2023
Hello,

You don't need anything extra for that. Starting from the , the updated version of Iray in Daz Studio natively supports turning mesh lights into proper ghost lights, as explained . If you have the latest general release version of DS (v4.22.0.16), you are good to go.

Yes, both the tone mapping and the Environment tabs of the Render settings offer adjustments that can come in very handy. About the exposure level control, the easiest, straightest way is just adjusting the 'Exposure value', which is effected by the next four settings: 'Shutter Speed (1/x)', 'F/Stop', 'Film ISO' and the 'cm^2 Factor'.
Thanks so much! Always appreciate any help with the learning curve! YOUNG ALICE PASSPORT.png

BlenderGuy

Nov 17, 2023
The ghost light is still appearing in the mirror reflection.
I already applied the script then chose to NO to Iray visible in Primary Rays.
Pushed the IGL Factor to 250 but STILL visible in the mirror.
Is it something to do with the mirror asset perhaps?
Maybe it's an old asset?

Screenshot 2024-08-24 at 14.19.37.png Screenshot 2024-08-24 at 14.22.26.png Screenshot 2024-08-24 at 14.20.20.png

Reactions: HawkyDawky

Jumbi

Feb 17, 2020
The ghost light is still appearing in the mirror reflection.
I already applied the script then chose to NO to Iray visible in Primary Rays.
Pushed the IGL Factor to 250 but STILL visible in the mirror.
Is it something to do with the mirror asset perhaps?
Maybe it's an old asset?

View attachment 3962860 View attachment 3962864 View attachment 3962862
What if you make the Ghost Light Factor even bigger? I recall having to crank this really up some times for getting rid of the reflections. About the possibility of the mirror itself being too old, have you checked which shader it uses? Really old assets used RSL shaders as opposed to MDL ones (like Iray Uber Base).

Reactions: BlenderGuy

BlenderGuy

Nov 17, 2023
What if you make the Ghost Light Factor even bigger? I recall having to crank this really up some times for getting rid of the reflections. About the possibility of the mirror itself being too old, have you checked which shader it uses? Really old assets used RSL shaders as opposed to MDL ones (like Iray Uber Base).

THANKS so much!! That's another possibility (mirror shaders).

Reactions: Jumbi
5.00 star(s) 12 Votes