3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

zipzinger

Aug 13, 2018
i liked Chi so much that i made some small safe changes to show it to some other people on safe platforms
the gif does not look nearly as good and i dont know if i can upload this somewhere here on the forum
this is my actual self made animation 299 frames at 30 fps 1080 high, renderd in 4 and a half hour
i uploaded the origenal 778mb version on youtube but ofc thay compress it

8mb.gif
zippy album

Zairus

May 25, 2017
So, long story short it's better to make your own chars instead of using those?
The billboard is just a simple plane with opacity(alpha map applied to it), so yeah it's very productive way to simulate a crowd, and doesn't need much memory, but the problem with billboards from Daz store and with billboards at all, how can i say it, you just don't have any additional control about it, you can't adjust lighting to it, or pose it in diffrent way and things like, they will be exatly the same all the time. And it looks like a great way to do things with crowd settings and it is, but it's better to make your own buildboard plane, very simple, if you are intrested just put, Billboards daz3d in Youtube, it gives you additional control, you can pose the model hovewer you like, set the light you need, and then make bilboard out of it. Another good thing about that product in Daz store, it's a script that helps a plane to look directly at the camera. Hope you will understand what i write here.

Part

Donor
Nov 14, 2016
I wanted to play with dForce, I've done a wet skin for testing (I wan't to do a pool scene, the wet skin is perfect for this), and a new black character based on Tyron skin.

"Camille."
High Res render : 2560*4550 with photoshop post treatment.

cam-tyrone-c7b.jpg

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Give your opinion: Too much post treatment? Something else to say or to help me improve ?

Nomec104

Jul 28, 2017
I wanted to play with dForce, I've done a wet skin for testing (I wan't to do a pool scene, the wet skin is perfect for this), and a new black character based on Tyron skin.

"Camille."

View attachment 286950

Give your opinion: Too much post treatment? Something else to say or to help me improve ?
Dude impressive work, i like your model and how your render turned out. Oh and by the way she reminds me Elizabeth from BioShock

Fantabaldu

The Pirate King
Donor
Feb 19, 2019

"Camille."

View attachment 286950

I really like very much your renders ... just my opinion , i prefer render without post treatment

Reactions: Part

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018

"Camille."

View attachment 286950

The body textures are really nice, however the face texture just looks too smooth. Looks like the bump / normal maps have been removed.

PS: The post treatments look fine.

Reactions: Part

Techn0magier

Jul 2, 2017
I wanted to make an Easter themed image too. Sadly the Login Server of DAZ Studio doesn't allow me to log in after I changed my password yesterday. So I try to make up for it, with an image that I made for the NaNoRePo challenge last month. Please enjoy this little grainy image of an earlier version of Samaria that is at least egg-themed.

Happy Easter everybody even if you are not a christian. ;)
cs kitchen_foodplay37.png

Evic

May 25, 2018
So, long story short it's better to make your own chars instead of using those?
The files are huge because they have multiple angles for each billboard, not because the billboards themselves are large.

What they work best as are background people obscured by shadows or DoF or far enough in the distances that you can't make out many details anyway. You can quickly and easily fill out a large crowd of people using very little memory. If you plan to have background crowds that you can clearly see you're better off using other methods.

Reactions: brynhildr

RanliLabz

Creating SpaceCorps XXX
Donor
Game Developer
Mar 5, 2018
Say, does anyone know a good top hat prop? Preferably for Genesis 3 Male, but any genesis at a pinch. Can't find one anywhere!

Reactions: zramcharan
5.00 star(s) 12 Votes