[3D-DAZ] Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Enyos

Mar 29, 2018
Just as someone with no art experience whatsoever, how easy/hard is it to do renders? How long did it take you guys to learn, and what are some tips for someone who has no experience?
I had some CAD training prior, so most of the UI wasn't as sharp of a learning curve as most endure. However, good hardware (specifically a good nvidea gpu) is a must, and something that aids in the ability to load up multiple characters, scenes, and speeds up rendering time immensely. Even with a good setup, it takes months to properly learn lighting, materials, and camera settings, and then takes a good eye and patience to learn scene setting and posing. 6 months after my first render, I'm still learning new techniques/things all of the time. :)

Part

Donor
Nov 14, 2016
Just as someone with no art experience whatsoever, how easy/hard is it to do renders? How long did it take you guys to learn, and what are some tips for someone who has no experience?
I dl Daz3d in 2018, July. No experience. I've test a lot, reading a lot and looking for tuto on the internet. I look a lot on this thread to improve my lvl. There is an incredible community here who help a lot.

A good CPU - GPU is better to play with 3d.

RanliLabz

Creating SpaceCorps XXX
Donor
Game Developer
Mar 5, 2018
I had no experience at all (gave up art at GCSE). Best tip is to just start playing around with Daz and see what you come up with - you'll gradually pick up how all the different utilities work as you go. Personally, I model everything in texture shaded, and I didn't bother actually rendering anything for almost a year. Oh! and make sure that you set Display Optimisation to Best (for some mad reason it's not the default and it seems faster on both powerful and slow rigs!)

Jan 25, 2019
It was time to make more "cinematic" scene :D It came out pretty good :D

Render time: 45 min on GTX 960M
Texture size: ~2,8 GB (after some optimising ofc)
Resolution: 2100x1181 (2100x893 )

Direct link (full res):

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

Aug 18, 2018
I had practice with video games. Like WWE Smack Down v Raw in the late 90s to Skyrim and Honey Select. It is as easy to create a character as selecting a shape and a skin material to as complex as morphing the nose and the ears and using Skin Builder to create a new skin material. so depending on how involved you want to get will deterime the hours in just designing a character

RanliLabz

Creating SpaceCorps XXX
Donor
Game Developer
Mar 5, 2018
Hehe thanks ;D
Wait is that a new episode of Space Corps? :>
:D Someone who's played! Not new, I'm afraid - it's from the LGBT Bolt-On back in v0.2.1a... it's the opening scene of the corridor Fantasy which lets you choose what kind of futa you like. You trigger it just after leaving Decontamination - and it all gets pretty hardcore after that! :ROFLMAO:

RanliLabz

Creating SpaceCorps XXX
Donor
Game Developer
Mar 5, 2018
those who are interested - can open, who are not interested - it will be easier and faster to scroll through the page...
sorry my eng;)
Honestly, lexx - I can't imagine anyone not being interested in your stuff. Even if it's not their sexual preference, it's just very, very good! I think you could easily ditch the thumbs.

lexx228

May 30, 2017
Your choice, but I'm too lazy to open the thumbnail, and I miss most of your renders because of that. :LOL:
Honestly, lexx - I can't imagine anyone not being interested in your stuff. Even if it's not their sexual preference, it's just very, very good! I think you could easily ditch the thumbs.
Am I the only one who has problems with scrolling pages after forum updates?

Jul 24, 2018
I know that it's not the place for it, but the thread is active so I thought that you guys could help me out.

Okay so I put my 3rd party content into "My Library" or "My Daz 3D Library".

Even when I create a category from a folder in the content library pane and even if the assets are displayed in the smart content one, when I try to merge the assets into the scene it won't read them.

Please help...

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote