3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

Techn0magier

Jul 2, 2017
you can still tell that Chione is floating... but least the shadows gone.. View attachment 95581
I like the middle one. :) Maybe you should give er some expression to make the model more lively.
The black mosaics on the left one can be corrected via GIMP or KRITA.
The right one would be perfect, if she was looking direct into the camera. :)

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Not happy with Sierra's pubes.. but least they are blonde.. if bright..
View attachment 95746
Try dialing down the cutout opacity (under surfaces) on the pubes, to say 50-60% and see if that helps. It's not a perfect solution, but it's one I use on hair fairly often (usually not quite that much except for pubes) to make the hair look a bit softer.

And, along those lines, a trick I use fairly often with hair is to duplicate the hair, and rotate one of them very slightly, then dial down the opacity on both. This can give the illusion of more stands, it looks a little softer, but the 'doubling' helps offset the transparency. I'll also make the transparency on one hair model slightly higher than on the duplicate model, which seems to help sometimes.

That's a trick someone shared on the Daz forum that I use somewhat often, if I'm not happy with the 'baseline' look of the hair, which can in some cases improve the situation. The downside is that you have to change the poses on both hair pieces separately, but cut pose/paste pose can save some time there (then re-rotating the second one slightly). You can use one of the two models to push out a few 'looser strands' a bit farther, or for similar purposes, while maintaining more overall volume.

♥♦ Xander Salvatore ♣♠

Salvatore Studios
Donor
Feb 11, 2018
Try dialing down the cutout opacity (under surfaces) on the pubes, to say 50-60% and see if that helps. It's not a perfect solution, but it's one I use on hair fairly often (usually not quite that much except for pubes) to make the hair look a bit softer.
Will try that, thank you.. might go with a light brown color instead if i have to though

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
She's definitely planning on jumping his bones! You can see it in her eyes.
:p

As for the lighting, try experimenting with the camera settings under render settings (i.e. select camera, then go to the Render Settings tab and play around with the Exposure Value, Shutter Speed, Saturation, etc.). This is an excellent opportunity to get a bit of a feel for what those settings can do. Baby steps on the adjustments can make rather dramatic results, once you get the hang of it!

Also, the lighting that is illuminating the left side of your render? Maybe experimenting with dialing down that light source a little bit could be helpful. She seems a bit washed out. Again, baby steps. Not sure if the light from the window at the right can 'catch' her and do her justice, albiet indirectly, but seeing a tiny bit of 'softer shadow' on her as well could be interesting.

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes