3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

watdapakisdis

Aug 24, 2016
I just wanted to say for anyone who might not have upgraded to the new version of Daz yet. DO IT. The denoiser alone is a massive game changer. I wish I had tried it earlier when it was still in beta. Images that used to take me hours to render and still had tons of fireflies I can do in a few minutes now with no fireflies. This one for instance still had fireflies after more than 7 hours of render time on the old version of Daz. Just redid this one in 6 minutes with the denoiser. My 1050Ti generally HATES anything involving low light or reflections... No problem now.

View attachment 336489
I actually regret updating to 4.11 Studio. I'm getting more Iray errors now and some of my old freebie scripts (eg. boob bounce) are not compatible with it. Plus, Intel's denoiser is better than the built in one.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: lexx228

AgentOrange

Jul 3, 2017
I just wanted to say for anyone who might not have upgraded to the new version of Daz yet. DO IT. The denoiser alone is a massive game changer. I wish I had tried it earlier when it was still in beta. Images that used to take me hours to render and still had tons of fireflies I can do in a few minutes now with no fireflies. This one for instance still had fireflies after more than 7 hours of render time on the old version of Daz. Just redid this one in 6 minutes with the denoiser. My 1050Ti generally HATES anything involving low light or reflections... No problem now.
Just a little warning:
For some unknown reason 4.11 official fails to recognize my GTX1080Ti - while it still works on 4.11beta and 4.10
(and yes drivers are up-to-date)

karagan91

Jan 30, 2018
I've tried both CUDA-based and Intel denoisers. IMO, although Intel denoiser is slower and requires more resource (RAM primarily, on 4K+), it produces much better result than CUDA-base denoiser.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
I've tried both CUDA-based and Intel denoisers. IMO, although Intel denoiser is slower and requires more resource (RAM primarily, on 4K+), it produces much better result than CUDA-base denoiser.
Do you have to use a separate app for that or something? I didn't see any Intel option in Daz. I did find some commercial apps that use the Intel denoiser. I would bet that Nvidia's version will continue to improve as well considering how critical it is for their implementation of ray tracing. Their ray tracing before denoiser looks about like a scene in daz does after rendering for like 5 seconds.

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes