3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

watdapakisdis

Aug 24, 2016
Do you have to use a separate app for that or something? I didn't see any Intel option in Daz. I did find some commercial apps that use the Intel denoiser. I would bet that Nvidia's version will continue to improve as well considering how critical it is for their implementation of ray tracing. Their ray tracing before denoiser looks about like a scene in daz does after rendering for like 5 seconds.
You have to use the compiled Intel denoiser binary and one more application (eg. ImageMagick) that can convert to and from it. You can look at this topic from the DAZ forum.

I personally use this over the built in one.

Reactions: khumak
May 9, 2018
Here is a details piece of the model used in my last post here :love:. This is the first time I used the post denoiser in Daz, while it did a decent job overall, I found it lacking when dealing with 3d hair and it simply tends to "smear" the strands of hair when rendering, while the process does give the head hair a decent treatment (looks silkier with less prominent polygonal look), it messes things up when it comes to shorter body hair and hair follicles (Armpits, pubic region, facial stubbles... etc).

One way I might be able to get around this is rendering twice, once with the denoiser on and the other without and mix things up in post. Something to think about I guess :unsure:

Enjoy :)

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes