3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

GhostPhil

❤︎The Redhead Harem Master❤︎
Donor
Sep 3, 2018
I'm not sure how it happened, but after I installed Alistair into my library, his morphs got applied 100% to one of my saved characters. Imagine my horror when I opened the file and saw this blockheaded abyssal horror staring back at me:

For reference, this is how he's supposed to look:

Yeah the same happened to my last character and also the morphs of the Chrisian Character that I installed got added to a certein percentage as well. Really weird!

Reactions: TheDevian

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
I'm not sure how it happened, but after I installed Alistair into my library, his morphs got applied 100% to one of my saved characters. Imagine my horror when I opened the file and saw this blockheaded abyssal horror staring back at me:

For reference, this is how he's supposed to look:

Fuck, I had the same issue! I wanted to make a thread about it, but thought I just might have made a stupid mistake on my own and didn't. I think the Alistair asset is overwriting the base g8male assets, or something to that effect. To fix this, I had to manually remove all Allistair assets in their respective folders.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Fuck, I had the same issue! I wanted to make a thread about it, but thought I just might have made a stupid mistake on my own and didn't. I think the Alistair asset is overwriting the base g8male assets, or something to that effect. To fix this, I had to manually remove all Allistair assets in their respective folders.
Yeah, same here, it's even happened to what were supposed to be base models! The Logan/Wolverine one liked to come up a lot. Good old Daz... :LOL:

nillamello

Game Developer
Oct 11, 2018
Greeble City Blocks and a shitload of patience.
Great stuff. Low poly assets and emmissives are a really good combination for blown-out shots like that. One of my biggest problems with Daz is that it fails to really support dynamic detail meshes (low poly when it doesn't impact the scene, and detailed mesh when the engine needs the additional detail for close renders), but some of the people making assets for Daz have filled that hole with some interesting scenery. You mentioned in another post that you used Blender a little, so if you haven't checked them out, Kitbash3D has some great cyber-punk and tech assets that are really efficient in the poly count. You can test them out at places like CGPeers. I'm not sure if they import into Daz correctly... though they do usually include a *.obj version, so it may go in no problem without any outside tweaking.

Quick link for the cyberpunk stuff (currently free, apparently):

SysRegent

Jun 24, 2019
Great stuff. Low poly assets and emmissives are a really good combination for blown-out shots like that. One of my biggest problems with Daz is that it fails to really support dynamic detail meshes (low poly when it doesn't impact the scene, and detailed mesh when the engine needs the additional detail for close renders), but some of the people making assets for Daz have filled that hole with some interesting scenery. You mentioned in another post that you used Blender a little, so if you haven't checked them out, Kitbash3D has some great cyber-punk and tech assets that are really efficient in the poly count. You can test them out at places like CGPeers. I'm not sure if they import into Daz correctly... though they do usually include a *.obj version, so it may go in no problem without any outside tweaking.

Quick link for the cyberpunk stuff (currently free, apparently):
Thanks for the tips! I am familiar with Kitbash3D and have a bunch of their sets. I wanted to use the Utopia set for this, but unfortunately I couldn't find a version that included the textures.

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes