3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
Hey guys - do any of you have experience using this environment asset? I’m trying to render a scene but the background picture I have doesn’t show up? It only shows up on some renders and the rest it’s just black. Attached is a picture of when it works, on the others the background picture is just black. Any advice?

A background picture will only show up if it sends light back to the camera. If it is a plain non-emmisive background this requires a fairly intense light to shine on it such that it can reflect the image.

The best way to fix is to make the background picture an emissive source. To do this, set the surface base color to black, set the emissive color to white and then apply the image as the emissive map (the down arrow).

larry5168

Engaged Member
May 19, 2018
are there any way to clear these clippings ? its a pity when a dress has this many clippings after posing or even with the basic T pose... "Expand" just make it worse
You could try adding a Push Modifier to the clothing it alters the thickness of the fabric Edit, Object, Geometry, Push Modifier

See if that helps in some way, it's not as harsh as expanding it

VDawe

Apr 30, 2018
From what I can see from your image, an expand all under the clothing asset should fix. I would also note that the ability of clothing to conform to the model largely depends upon the mesh density of the asset. If you switch your view to wireframe you can see exactly what you are dealing with.
like i said expand all just make it worse

Lednah

Game Developer
Nov 24, 2017
Guys, the new, third episode "East, west, Mom is the best!" for Danny McCroy and his mother Colleen is ready and is available for the patrons of tier 2 and higher on my page. A sample gallery can be seen here
And this is the title page of the episode:
0.png

PS. Actually I wanted to post her as the famous Uncle Sam from the WWI poster, saying "Your Mom wants you!", but in this case her hand would hide her right boob... and I decided her tits are more beautiful then Uncle Sam's... ;)

Sample gallery from Episode 1 here
Sample gallery from episode 2 here

Last edited:

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
like i said expand all just make it worse
You don't need to expand to michelin man (100%), giving the donut effect. Just set expand to ~10% or at least when moving the slider you don't see clipping.

Jan 8, 2018
are there any way to clear these clippings ? its a pity when a dress has this many clippings after posing or even with the basic T pose... "Expand" just make it worse
You had some great answers already, but the first thing I would try is to select garment and then fit garment to Genesis 8 Female, I know that sounds stupidly easy but some clothing does not attach properly to the figure and so they are not a sub section of G8F.

Insanepenguin91

Game Developer
May 18, 2017
A background picture will only show up if it sends light back to the camera. If it is a plain non-emmisive background this requires a fairly intense light to shine on it such that it can reflect the image.

The best way to fix is to make the background picture an emissive source. To do this, set the surface base color to black, set the emissive color to white and then apply the image as the emissive map (the down arrow).
It worked! Thanks for your help

Reactions: Xavster
5.00 star(s) 12 Votes