3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

DonJoe

Jul 15, 2019
@ TheDevian Thanks alot

In this case the slider is a independant piece of mesh with an own surface.
I did the rigging in Daz with a tool called Figure setup, you throw your obj file in and see all your different groups/ surfaces then.
You assign your moving part to a bone and then the assigned piece of mesh moves along with the bone.

Yes, creating your own assets is great, but also sometimes tedious work, often you get away with shiny procedural shaded surfaces,
but when it comes to text or structures you'll have to do proper UV mapping and you also need quality texture images. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: TheDevian

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
@ TheDevian Thanks alot

In this case the slider is a independant piece of mesh with on own surface.
I did the rigging in Daz with a tool called Figure setup, you throw your obj file in and see all your different groups/ surface then.
You assign your moving part to a bone and then the assigned piece of mesh moves along with the bone.

Yes, creating your own assets is great, but also sometimes tedious work, often you get away with shiny procedural shaded surfaces,
but when it comes to text or structures you'll have to do proper UV mapping and you also need quality texture images. :)
That is about what I thought, cool, cool... Going to take a lot of practice. XD

Yeah, I have wrestled with the uv maps, I am getting better, I have this one set up pretty well, but the glass body is making the sticker also glass, so I need to make the sticker a new layer.
SPPerfume01l.png
This one is all UV, took a while to get the back to line up thanks to the slight curve of the can...
Bug Spray Value Can 2.png This was my first successful attempt a while back, took many tries... ;)

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
I'm currently using it now, but do you know why the nipples poke through clothing, i use collision + smoothing but the nipples always wanna poke through no matter what i do.
Yes, the clothing is generally set to form to the body, and the headlights nips (and others) are not part of it ...exactly. The best way is to get Fit Control, it will allow you to adjust each part, where as if the clothing is not designed to adjust each part, scaling might be the only other option. Fit control is a huge help though, it's great (when it works right).

Last edited:

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
Hello again

After a few days of practicing with the skins this is my last render. The only problem is that I have not got any of the two hairs to look wet (both are hairs that have the option of wet hair) has not worked with any of the presets. Any ideas? Any comments will be appreciated. Thank you!

View attachment 385870

Larry Kubiac zramcharan Xavster

I found a solution to the problem problem with the skin that looked like dipped in oil when using anagenessis 2 in a Gen8 figure. Post

In Surfaces / Skin, the Dual Lobe Specular Weight dial must have a value of 0 to fix the problem. If someone has the same problem this has been the solution I have found. Thanks also for the tips, I learned several things along the way.
Some hair assets do the wet look better than others. You can tweak the settings, however it's not easy to get exactly what you are chasing. I have run some experiments in the spoiler below.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

3DC

Jun 5, 2018
Most people dislike bimbo characters but I just had to make a series about bimbofication for the fun of it. These images are from episode 2 of this hot MILFs transformation.

She's been feeling real sexy lately and her son hates her new body but he gets aroused when he finds her sleeping around with his friends. So far, my awesome supporters demanded an episode 2 so it worked out for everyone ;)

Because this forum is so awesome, I'm happy to share a few teasers.

A Sexy Game of Twister Part 2 of 7.png A Sexy Game of Twister Part 2 of 6.png A Sexy Game of Twister Part 2 of 12.png A Sexy Game of Twister Part 2 of 13.png A Sexy Game of Twister Part 2 of 14.png A Sexy Game of Twister Part 2 of 25.png

Larry Kubiac

Feb 4, 2018
Hello again

After a few days of practicing with the skins this is my last render. The only problem is that I have not got any of the two hairs to look wet (both are hairs that have the option of wet hair) has not worked with any of the presets. Any ideas? Any comments will be appreciated. Thank you!

View attachment 385870

Larry Kubiac zramcharan Xavster

I found a solution to the problem problem with the skin that looked like dipped in oil when using anagenessis 2 in a Gen8 figure. Post

In Surfaces / Skin, the Dual Lobe Specular Weight dial must have a value of 0 to fix the problem. If someone has the same problem this has been the solution I have found. Thanks also for the tips, I learned several things along the way.

Ok thanks

And for the hair with script on photoshop there's a way to improve that.
I use Fix a normal light

Without:
denoiser_teacher_student.png

With:
396469_teacher_student.png

Well, it's true that with the wet effect and the light pointed below it's not the best.

Last edited:

deepandsilent3dx

Game Developer
Dec 13, 2018
Yes, the clothing is generally set to form to the body, and the headlights nips (and others) are not part of it ...exactly. The best way is to get Fit Control, it will allow you to adjust each part, where as if the clothing is not designed to adjust each part, scaling might be the only other option. Fit control is a huge help though, it's great (when it works right).
In the case of Headlights, creating a new invisible geoshell and putting the collision of clothing on it is often a better solution.

Afterwards you have to partly rework and move the nipples back a bit. But that doesn't look bad if the clothes are not too transparent.

An example, to illustrate:

My lovely teen Mary, Headlights used, without clothing:

Just_Mary_05_crt.jpg

Mary with extra invisible geoshell, untransparent clothing, Headlights used and lightly back moved, clothing smothing collision on this geoshell:

Just_Mary_02_crt.jpg

Mary with extra invisible geoshell, transparent clothing, Headlights used and back moved, clothing smothing collision on this geoshell:

Just_Mary_03_crt.jpg

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes