3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

YaYa_UnTIN2

Misunderstood Thinker
Donor
Dec 19, 2017
Hi,

I've been thinking a lot lately about diving in and doing some prototyping game art for a "not currently in production" VN game.

I want to use Daz3D characters (I will customize my own), use PS to do the post work after rendering and then use that art to flesh out a Ren'Py game.

I watched some tutorials on Daz3D portraits and I've tried out what I was taught.

Here is a side by side of the before and after - render vs post work (not perfect - I know).
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I've rendered my very 1st Daz3D character bust, please tell me what you all think. Tips?

Thanks

2023 UPDATE - Note this was done way back when I just had a 2GB AMD CPU. Just so you know that. :)

Last edited:

MovieMike

Aug 4, 2017
Hi,

I've been thinking a lot lately about diving in and doing some prototyping game art for a "not currently in production" VN game.

I want to use Daz3D characters (I will customize my own), use PS to do the post work after rendering and then use that art to flesh out a Ren'Py game.

I watched some tutorials on Daz3D portraits and I've tried out what I was taught.

Here is a side by side of the before and after - render vs post work (not perfect - I know).
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I've rendered my very 1st Daz3D character bust, please tell me what you all think. Tips?

Thanks
The hair and the shirt look pretty good after post work, but I kind of like the face left alone. Right now in the right image her face is very white, as if she were wearing some crazy make up. Maybe tone it down a bit. Also, maybe raise the blacks or shadows as the shirt right now is just a bit too dark and we don't see any definition.

Good work, keep at it.

YaYa_UnTIN2

Misunderstood Thinker
Donor
Dec 19, 2017
The hair and the shirt look pretty good after post work, but I kind of like the face left alone. Right now in the right image her face is very white, as if she were wearing some crazy make up. Maybe tone it down a bit. Also, maybe raise the blacks or shadows as the shirt right now is just a bit too dark and we don't see any definition.

Good work, keep at it.
Hi MovieMike,

"The face left alone" - You mean the "realism" version on the left not the (what I call) the "glam" right image version.

The brighter "glam" version, in my vision, was to try to match several characters I have seen in Hidden Object games I've played. Yes it is very "kabuki like".

For the shirt I was not concerned right now other than to have her dressed, but yes I agree more definition in future versions (clothing choices) will be needed.

As for the lighting/shadowing I am trying to learn how all those Daz3D feature work together (it is madding).

Thanks

Reactions: MovieMike

Dripping

Feb 16, 2019
Hello. . .Can anyone tell me how can i see the Cameltoe threw clothes? With Pants for example..
Wrong thread for those questions, but:
Some older outfits had morphs specifically to give a cameltoe effect. I rarely see those morphs included anymore though, so on to the next trick: morphing the genital area of the body. Take note, these are morphs to the genesis body, not genitals!
Not sure if this has ever been posted here, but this is one such product:

CulayTL

Sneaky Bastard
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 31, 2018
View attachment 439239

Boy: Don't you know how to knock?
Mom: That's it young man! I'm taking down your internet, no more access to that filthy f95 community!
oh.. and no dinner for you tonight..
Disgusting.. can't wait see what dad has to say about this!
Sorry for the spam.. I came back on this one, changed the lighting only.. still forgot to change the door texture.. at least the handle door meh.
Still I would add a few more props on those shelfs things and maybe a door or something on the hallway.. it's just 4 walls :LOL:

bedroom wank 3.1.png

Daz Raw:
test.png
Only 1.5k iterations.. darker render more time to render but meh patience = 0
As lights.. one ghostlight bright on the tv screen, 2-way.. kinda fills all the room with the light
one on the hallway ceilling
one on the bedroom celling but that's setted to 10
one next to the female char or she ll be dark
one lamp on a drawer next to the bed that's nat in the picture

Any tips/advices?
At the moment I'm just thinking to tone down the one on the tv screen at least on one side.. the one that emits light towards the bed.

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 12 Votes