3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

Powerline75

Nov 7, 2019
There's still a long way to go before daz makes as good as a real person.
That's the understatement of the year. There's a long way before anything will make actual real skin refractions as good as a real person, but, the results, with the right lighting, overall environment and post-editing are very plausible and convincing

Reactions: Loys

Powerline75

Nov 7, 2019
I think you're right. I wonder if this depends more on the correct settings or on iray technology as such.:unsure:
a bit of both, actually. Sadly, my hardware isn't, at the moment, capable to render full resolution Iray renders, to give a proper demonstration, but, on Poser's firefly engine, as well as in DAZ's biased 3Delight older engine, there have been some jaw-dropping masterworks ove the years, with enough realism to seriously fool the untrained eyes

Loys

Game Developer
Oct 19, 2018
a bit of both, actually. Sadly, my hardware isn't, at the moment, capable to render full resolution Iray renders, to give a proper demonstration, but, on Poser's firefly engine, as well as in DAZ's biased 3Delight older engine, there have been some jaw-dropping masterworks ove the years, with enough realism to seriously fool the untrained eyes
Even on 3Delight? :oops: I thought it's much less realistic comparing to Iray.

Powerline75

Nov 7, 2019
Even on 3Delight? :oops: I thought it's much less realistic comparing to Iray.
Yes, even on 3Delight. JC Soto has done some pretty amazing renders, (it's since 4.5 DAZ era, so you can have a good guess how old it is).
It boils down to getting your hands dirty in the "under the hood" micromanaging of shader nodes, shader compiling, lighting, and the works, to achieve a proper result, most of the time.

Larry Kubiac

Feb 4, 2018
Yes, even on 3Delight. JC Soto has done some pretty amazing renders, (it's since 4.5 DAZ era, so you can have a good guess how old it is).
It boils down to getting your hands dirty in the "under the hood" micromanaging of shader nodes, shader compiling, lighting, and the works, to achieve a proper result, most of the time.
Yeah, light level, but the iray skin is much better now. Less realistic, it looks more like a doll with 3Dlights.

Powerline75

Nov 7, 2019
Yeah, light level, but the iray skin is much better now. Less realistic, it looks more like a doll with 3Dlights.
True. But, we all often fall into the easy traps, in our search for shiny (pretty literally in this particular example), impressive eye candy. We overdo it. We want ALL the detail, ALL the skin pores, ALL the miniscure little skin folds, and we forget that, in the real world, 90% of all that detail isn't even noticable. We have way too many comics/pinup art that's full of shiny, oil-coated like models, that make zero sense, other than draw the eye to them

Larry Kubiac

Feb 4, 2018
True. But, we all often fall into the easy traps, in our search for shiny (pretty literally in this particular example), impressive eye candy. We overdo it. We want ALL the detail, ALL the skin pores, ALL the miniscure little skin folds, and we forget that, in the real world, 90% of all that detail isn't even noticable. We have way too many comics/pinup art that's full of shiny, oil-coated like models, that make zero sense, other than draw the eye to them
Certainly, but the purpose of the SSS is to fill these gaps. When the light passes through the lobe of the ears we'll be good.

Loys

Game Developer
Oct 19, 2018
It's funny, but after reading your post, I thought that make-up and post-processing can make a photo of a real person less realistic than some cool render.:LOL:

Larry Kubiac

Feb 4, 2018
It's funny, but after reading your post, I thought that make-up and post-processing can make a photo of a real person less realistic than some cool render
The best script for me to make a character more realistic but don't let it be too bright. Use "Normal" script and the difference is there. Even SSS doesn't do any better.

Powerline75

Nov 7, 2019
Certainly, but the purpose of the SSS is to fill these gaps. When the light passes through the lobe of the ears we'll be good.
Agreed. And, it technically does, but, the results are too prone to turn... funky. I'll cook a render, once my current one finishes, in Poser, to demonstrate just the level of funky SSS can generate, with the wrong lighting (although, for some fantasy renders, it's not funky, it's godsent gift of chance).
It's funny, but after reading your post, I thought that make-up and post-processing can make a photo of a real person less realistic than some cool render.:LOL:
*coughs* yeah, ahem... maybe? *hides under the desk, for good measure*

• Haha

brynhildr

Compulsive Gambler
Jun 2, 2017
hey, i actually like the squirt prop. Mind telling me where you got it?
It's the one already included within Golden Palace as a bonus! I just modified the color since the default one.. looks like more of a pee than an actual squirt xD

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes