3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

OGDX

Dec 5, 2017
The image looks a bit cold, don't know if you're trying to convey an evening setting or a chilly mood, but you may want to warm it up a tad.

Everything looks pretty damn good. Only thing you may want to tone down is his translucency or sss. If you look at his ear in the first image, it looks pretty red. A lot of light is passing through and you get that. You can lower the transmitted measurement distance a tad in the surface settings, might help a little. Otherwise looks great, I'd be happy if my renders ended up like that.
Thanks for your help Mike! The ears had looked alright in the render itself, but increasing the saturation of the image in Photoshop may have shot up the red colour. I think a similar thing has happened to the nose of the female character. Still, I've never experimented on the transmitted measurement distance slider in my scenes yet, so you've given me something new to learn!

Reactions: MovieMike

CulayTL

Sneaky Bastard
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 31, 2018
I don't know if you follow the Daz forums or not, but there is a lot of useful info there.

Right now, from what I've read, there is a bug in new versions of Daz for dropping from GPU to CPU. Sometimes happens when you use iray preview and then render, sometimes just render. A brand new beta came out today that may help for those with RTX cards. I have a GTX card and my only solution was using the older pro release, not the beta as they all have that bug. So, I don't think it's your set up, just some bug in Daz atm.
Yeah... I know the setup it's ok.. thanks for the notice!
in my case always as in the fifth attempt began to use the gpu:poop::sleep: :LOL: runs out of memory:poop:

in this thread there are a lot of possible reasons maybe there' s one that can help you(y)
DAZ doesn't use my GPU to render with Iray
Yeah, I did read that thread a few weeks ago.. checked some settings or meh.. even I deleted all the assets, hdri and leave only on small prop, rendered that and still goes on CPU.. :ROFLMAO:
Thanks for helping!

Reactions: Namco15

SecsMurphy

Dec 25, 2018
Hi SecsMurphy,

I like her face a lot (even though it does not match her body's skin tone) she looks a little ill (green).

And on her right side her hair by her right arm has a large gap /\ shape.

Maybe fill the hair gap in a bit and fix the skin tone of her face and she's good to go. :)
beach.jpg

A reworked version, different background, and hair. Skin reworked (The original had a green overlay, must have overdone it)

jakamacca

Feb 13, 2018
Any tips on how to best deal with noise like at the top of her hair in post?
Most of the render was done, and it felt like it wouldn't be the best use of time to have it continue in the hope of that section of hair getting better, so I'm hoping there's some good methods to deal with this.

KristenP1.png

CulayTL

Sneaky Bastard
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 31, 2018
Reactions: Atherin

JiiEf

Aug 1, 2019
I never reached 28h of rendering, but trust me when I say that I totally get you. I tried to do a similar thing, but ended up a complete mess that was more grainy than a decent render. Probably the floor, the reflection had something to do other than most likely many others possible variations.. other than the simple "It's Daz we are talking about. An asshole 99% of the time" :ROFLMAO:
This one had like a dozen light sources and the reflective floor and pole. Not sure what the smoke effect did, if anything.

Picked up a bunch of SIMPLE and WELL-LIT environments from the daz sale today. Ffs.

Troxvi

Mar 9, 2019
Can i please come in Mister? im soaking wet.

caught in the rain.jpg

As allways constructive criticism is welcome.
I would allso like some advice on how to make her hair look more wet. Ive tried playing with the surface sliders in Daz and in Gimp. Just not completly happy with the result. I also wish i had a better asset for the rain.

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 12 Votes