3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

JiiEf

Aug 1, 2019
8299 iterations (was at 73 %) and around 28 hours of render time (no exact count, as had to interrupt twice) and still had to photoshop and artifact that looked like a head sized thumbprint above the triangle. Not gonna try another one in a while!
vala pole.jpg

CulayTL

Sneaky Bastard
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 31, 2018
1st one looks like her in the game.
Yeah.. 1st I didn't liked it because of the outfit texture/shader
after another look I don't like lips and the way she's holding her breast
nails color
could bend the hand and or fingers a bit more to simulate the holding bra
but meh.. thanks I guess!

SStyliss3D

Sep 7, 2016
Yeah.. 1st I didn't liked it because of the outfit texture/shader
after another look I don't like lips and the way she's holding her breast
nails color
could bend the hand and or fingers a bit more to simulate the holding bra
but meh.. thanks I guess!
No problem dude i really like ur renders :)

Reactions: CulayTL

brynhildr

Compulsive Gambler
Jun 2, 2017
8299 iterations (was at 73 %) and around 28 hours of render time (no exact count, as had to interrupt twice) and still had to photoshop and artifact that looked like a head sized thumbprint above the triangle. Not gonna try another one in a while!
View attachment 470952
I never reached 28h of rendering, but trust me when I say that I totally get you. I tried to do a similar thing, but ended up a complete mess that was more grainy than a decent render. Probably the floor, the reflection had something to do other than most likely many others possible variations.. other than the simple "It's Daz we are talking about. An asshole 99% of the time" :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: JiiEf

MovieMike

Aug 4, 2017
I don't know.. I used to have all my assets on a sata hdd the loading time before the render was about to start was huge... opening new saves same but meh..
Checked the usage still free space in the ram, and gpu 0% only the hdd 100%
Now I moved to nvme, Samsung 970 evo, added more ram as well and jumped from 1080 to 2080ti.. quite a huge difference..
Opening new scenes still takes quite long, not as before and when the render it's about to start it's ok depending how complex it is the scene
Only still don't know why.. probably some memory leak or something that I can't find, daz ignores my gpu at all in some cases.. the fix is to switch to texture viewpoint or any other than iray and restart daz.. it's not even checked as interactive/photoreal device.
The most annoying thing for me on my previous setup was the loading time.
I don't know if you follow the Daz forums or not, but there is a lot of useful info there.

Right now, from what I've read, there is a bug in new versions of Daz for dropping from GPU to CPU. Sometimes happens when you use iray preview and then render, sometimes just render. A brand new beta came out today that may help for those with RTX cards. I have a GTX card and my only solution was using the older pro release, not the beta as they all have that bug. So, I don't think it's your set up, just some bug in Daz atm.

Reactions: lexx228 and Namco15

Namco15

LESS TALKING MORE RAIDING!
Game Developer
Nov 23, 2016
there is a bug in new versions of Daz for dropping from GPU to CPU
in my case always as in the fifth attempt began to use the gpu:poop::sleep: :LOL: runs out of memory:poop:
I don't know.. I used to have all my assets on a sata hdd the loading time before the render was about to start was huge... opening new saves same but meh..
Checked the usage still free space in the ram, and gpu 0% only the hdd 100%
Now I moved to nvme, Samsung 970 evo, added more ram as well and jumped from 1080 to 2080ti.. quite a huge difference..
Opening new scenes still takes quite long, not as before and when the render it's about to start it's ok depending how complex it is the scene
Only still don't know why.. probably some memory leak or something that I can't find, daz ignores my gpu at all in some cases.. the fix is to switch to texture viewpoint or any other than iray and restart daz.. it's not even checked as interactive/photoreal device.
The most annoying thing for me on my previous setup was the loading time.
in this thread there are a lot of possible reasons maybe there' s one that can help you(y)
DAZ doesn't use my GPU to render with Iray

Last edited:
Reactions: pim0 and CulayTL

MovieMike

Aug 4, 2017
Might've overdone the post processing a little. Any suggestions on where I could improve?

View attachment 471450
View attachment 471448
The image looks a bit cold, don't know if you're trying to convey an evening setting or a chilly mood, but you may want to warm it up a tad.

Everything looks pretty damn good. Only thing you may want to tone down is his translucency or sss. If you look at his ear in the first image, it looks pretty red. A lot of light is passing through and you get that. You can lower the transmitted measurement distance a tad in the surface settings, might help a little. Otherwise looks great, I'd be happy if my renders ended up like that.

Reactions: OGDX
5.00 star(s) 12 Votes