3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

SStyliss3D

Sep 7, 2016
Every journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. It feels like your comment is designed to trip them up.

How about some advice or guidance? That way everyone benefits.

We all welcome constructive criticism.

Just a thought :)
I agree with you no one walked before he crawled.

And the better think is to help someone or give him your advise,Criticism is also accepted..

SStyliss3D

Sep 7, 2016
We're reaching the money level, where you'd be better of going for a Quadro of the same specs. Unless your priority is gaming, cashing out some 800 to 1000 bucks for a GPU, especially when it's for rendering, makes the Quadro option far more logical
But is not only the card,you need a complete set of CPU (Amd Ryzen series is very good) RAM (a fast one) and An SSD (my opinion Mvm M.2 one)

YaYa_UnTIN2

Misunderstood Thinker
Donor
Dec 19, 2017
We're reaching the money level, where you'd be better of going for a Quadro of the same specs. Unless your priority is gaming, cashing out some 800 to 1000 bucks for a GPU, especially when it's for rendering, makes the Quadro option far more logical
Hey Powerline75,

The card I purchase better be an all around workhorse (rendering, gaming, graphic-work, etc).

For the highway robbery NVIDIA pricing compared to AMD has offered myself over the years., I hope that saving up for a NVIDIA card will be a smart buy.

Quadro - that series cost more money than a used car!

I'd have to upgrade my PC just to use those cards anyway. :)

Powerline75

Nov 7, 2019
But is not only the card,you need a complete set of CPU (Amd Ryzen series is very good) RAM (a fast one) and An SSD (my opinion Mvm M.2 one)
The CPU and RAM, yes, arte critical. After all, trying to pair a Titan X, with a Core 2 Quad, is both useless and stupid. Anything older than a second generation iCore CPU (Or AMD equal) should be considered obsolete, especially when it comes to rendering, and, anything slower than DDR3 as well. The SSD, on the other hand, is indeed a benefit, but it's not a "game breaker". Render assets first load to the system RAM, before they are dumped into the VRAM, for the render process, the SSD will only help in reading the files before loading to RAM.

Powerline75

Nov 7, 2019
Hey Powerline75,

The card I purchase better be an all around workhorse (rendering, gaming, graphic-work, etc).

For the highway robbery NVIDIA pricing compared to AMD has offered myself over the years., I hope that saving up for a NVIDIA card will be a smart buy.

Quadro - that series cost more money than a used car!

I'd have to upgrade my PC just to use those cards anyway. :)
Yeah, the latest generation Quadros are damn expensive, but... the top end quadro, right now, has 4 thousand CUDA cores, and 48 Gigs of VRAM. It may cost almost as much as a car, but, if you're making money out of renders, a Quadro will give you a full decade's worth of high quality renders. For the first half, you'd be even above competition, and for the second half, you'll be in par, or too close to be really left behind.

SStyliss3D

Sep 7, 2016
The CPU and RAM, yes, arte critical. After all, trying to pair a Titan X, with a Core 2 Quad, is both useless and stupid. Anything older than a second generation iCore CPU (Or AMD equal) should be considered obsolete, especially when it comes to rendering, and, anything slower than DDR3 as well. The SSD, on the other hand, is indeed a benefit, but it's not a "game breaker". Render assets first load to the system RAM, before they are dumped into the VRAM, for the render process, the SSD will only help in reading the files before loading to RAM.
Yeap thats true,CPU and Ram is must for rendering of course you will need some good GPU card also,i just change some days ago (Motherboard) (CPU AMD Ryzen 5) (RAM DDR 4) and i saw big difference on Rendering and also how PC is Behaving..

CulayTL

Sneaky Bastard
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 31, 2018
I don't know.. I used to have all my assets on a sata hdd the loading time before the render was about to start was huge... opening new saves same but meh..
Checked the usage still free space in the ram, and gpu 0% only the hdd 100%
Now I moved to nvme, Samsung 970 evo, added more ram as well and jumped from 1080 to 2080ti.. quite a huge difference..
Opening new scenes still takes quite long, not as before and when the render it's about to start it's ok depending how complex it is the scene
Only still don't know why.. probably some memory leak or something that I can't find, daz ignores my gpu at all in some cases.. the fix is to switch to texture viewpoint or any other than iray and restart daz.. it's not even checked as interactive/photoreal device.
The most annoying thing for me on my previous setup was the loading time.

YaYa_UnTIN2

Misunderstood Thinker
Donor
Dec 19, 2017
View attachment 470409

Lake Bed

Experimenting with a few things. Not sure it entirely works, but the model looks good.
Hi SecsMurphy,

I like her face a lot (even though it does not match her body's skin tone) she looks a little ill (green).

And on her right side her hair by her right arm has a large gap /\ shape.

Maybe fill the hair gap in a bit and fix the skin tone of her face and she's good to go. :)

SStyliss3D

Sep 7, 2016
I don't know.. I used to have all my assets on a sata hdd the loading time before the render was about to start was huge... opening new saves same but meh..
Checked the usage still free space in the ram, and gpu 0% only the hdd 100%
Now I moved to nvme, Samsung 970 evo, added more ram as well and jumped from 1080 to 2080ti.. quite a huge difference..
Opening new scenes still takes quite long, not as before and when the render it's about to start it's ok depending how complex it is the scene
Only still don't know why.. probably some memory leak or something that I can't find, daz ignores my gpu at all in some cases.. the fix is to switch to texture viewpoint or any other than iray and restart daz.. it's not even checked as interactive/photoreal device.
The most annoying thing for me on my previous setup was the loading time.
What is your CPU and RAM?

SStyliss3D

Sep 7, 2016
i7 8700k and 32 gb Corsair 32GB Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000MHz (4x8)
I dont know about Intel CPUs a lot, i only remember my 1st pc had intel pentium 4 :D...
Amd i have change 3 times and they was always very good with out laggs stucks etc..But i see u have very good quality of Rams and a lot of space.

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes