3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

cwsmlk

Dec 20, 2017
mlfscn2.jpg

"Greetings 18 year old college student roommate! It is me, your landlady here to make sure you are awake for your college classes. Do not mind my outfit I had no other clothing to wear. If you like what you see however, I would not mind because you are handsome 18 year old male but I am your landlady so that would be wrong so disregard or don't."

Top quality dialogue from my non existent game. I've learned from the best here.

instancabile

Dec 10, 2017
View attachment 473356

"Greetings 18 year old college student roommate! It is me, your landlady here to make sure you are awake for your college classes. Do not mind my outfit I had no other clothing to wear. If you like what you see however, I would not mind because you are handsome 18 year old male but I am your landlady so that would be wrong so disregard or don't."

Top quality dialogue from my non existent game. I've learned from the best here.
I love the rendering, especially lights. how you menage to have so deep detail render lights?

brynhildr

Compulsive Gambler
Jun 2, 2017
Guys a small Question.
when im Rendering My CPU is on 100%,Render Settings>>Hardware i have Tick only Gforce GTX 1050 Ti not CPU..
is it normal??
Don't worry, you're not the only one. Myself too when I hit "render" I see my ram and CPU spikes to the max, slowing the whole pc even tho there's only the GPU selected. Can't say what it cause that, maybe like Culay said is the scene that is too heavy, since Daz calculate the ram and the gpu in a weird way, and not like supposedly should do, as far as I know :/

a hour render with built-in lighting
View attachment 473459
a few seconds preview with the spotlight
View attachment 473460
which is better? :unsure:
Personally.. I like much more the first one.

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
View attachment 473459
View attachment 473460
In my opinion, in the second pic, your spot light geometry should be set to rectangle as points lights are quite brutal. And adjust the height/width/spread angle/lumens/temperature from there. My 2 cents o/

DAZStudio_DK6mL5N0Li.png

Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017

I just have to add my little addition to it!
*Landlady thoughts*
~Oh my gawd! He has a hard-on! Why does he have a hard-on?? He finds my glam-model level 20+ looking body hot when i practically wear nothing but transparent lingerie? Jolly gee whiskers, that kinda cute i guess! My tenant has the hots for me! So wrong! But from now on i'm gonna walking around naked so he learn he not suppose to get a nice big fat boner! That will teach him! <3~
-----------
Yeah, i think we played too many landlady epic :sneaky:

wurg

Modder
Apr 19, 2018
This might not be the best place to put this, but I thought it might be an easy fix without starting a new thread.

Started dabbling in DAZ and am creating a series of scenes to tell a story, it's rather large as there is an airplane flying in it, the problem is the further I get from the center of the scene the worse the characters skin color gets that I am using, This is happening for all the models I'm messing around with to varying degrees.

The question is, how do I stop this? Would it be best to just use a skin manager to make it consistent, or to just shrink the scene to something tiny to keep from getting too far from the center.

The two pictures are from center and moved to -5000 on the z axis, It's a lot I know, but I am wanting to do a long shot looking at the ground from the airplane and the characters skin is bright red, even at 1000 away from center the characters skin is off.

Any help would be appreciated.

Powerline75

Nov 7, 2019
I call this one "sacrificial lamb". Took most of my 20 thousand seconds rendering limit to hit around 67% converged. I could just pause it, wait a few moments, and resume, to reset the timer, but... nope. Just some photoshopping, and, in this case, the grain, where visible, adds to the vibe.
P.S.
In case anyone wants to know where the scene elements came from, they're from OLD V4 era prop sets. Cave and wall torches from DM's Druid cave (glow effect on the back wall made by me, manipulating the displacement maps to use as luminance masks), and the big flame in the middle, from Azraella, an old demon-ish character pack from V4.
sacrifice.jpg

Powerline75

Nov 7, 2019
This might not be the best place to put this, but I thought it might be an easy fix without starting a new thread.

Started dabbling in DAZ and am creating a series of scenes to tell a story, it's rather large as there is an airplane flying in it, the problem is the further I get from the center of the scene the worse the characters skin color gets that I am using, This is happening for all the models I'm messing around with to varying degrees.

The question is, how do I stop this? Would it be best to just use a skin manager to make it consistent, or to just shrink the scene to something tiny to keep from getting too far from the center.

The two pictures are from center and moved to -5000 on the z axis, It's a lot I know, but I am wanting to do a long shot looking at the ground from the airplane and the characters skin is bright red, even at 1000 away from center the characters skin is off.

Any help would be appreciated.
Out of curiosity... what lights are you using to render this? Have you tried using the built-in sun dial, for illumination, rather than "traditional" lights, with, maybe, some mesh lights wherever you need a more striking lighting setup on specific scene portions, since you're aiming for long distance camera angles?
Additionally, have you tried messing up with the camera's perspective, and lens, to manage a shorter distance, with more of the scenery within the canvas frame, instead of zooming out so far?

Reactions: wurg

wurg

Modder
Apr 19, 2018
Out of curiosity... what lights are you using to render this? Have you tried using the built-in sun dial, for illumination, rather than "traditional" lights, with, maybe, some mesh lights wherever you need a more striking lighting setup on specific scene portions, since you're aiming for long distance camera angles?
Additionally, have you tried messing up with the camera's perspective, and lens, to manage a shorter distance, with more of the scenery within the canvas frame, instead of zooming out so far?
I'm quite the noob at this to start out with, so I'm not messing with really any of the settings to be honest. Those pictures are of a new blank scene with just those two characters in it moved around. The same thing is happening in the actual scene I am setting up using an HDRI for a light source only.

Here is the picture of the scene, it's not done yet, there will be 3 other characters chasing the pink thing in the shot. I want to have a couple of long shots to show different things and this little hiccup has me confounded. I'm thinking of just shrinking the whole thing down to 25% to be honest to stop this from happening.

Atherin

May 25, 2017
View attachment 473459
View attachment 473460
(y)

So Daz3D tries to make it's camera/lighting behave like real camera lighting. Which means we have to worry about light properties like Flux and Temperature. So if you were trying to mix your spotlight with the default scene lighting, I'm willing to bet no matter how much you jacked up the intensity on one or the other, it wouldn't behave for you.

Real point, while throwing a spotlight on a scene and calling it a day will technically "light" it, it's probably not going to be very interesting. To light a scene traditionally, we need some combination of Key (the spotlight counts), Fill, and Rim. Preferably not all in the exact same color/intensity. Should have similar Flux/Temp though unless we want something like a window with a view of daylight to darken the rest of the scene.

For a quick cheat, can use Aurous Lighting. Can be found here: Egyptian Mega Bundle. Will automatically remove any existing light and give the artist a good set of presets.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: lexx228
5.00 star(s) 12 Votes