3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

Atherin

May 25, 2017
Well i dont thing this is normal right??cuda isnt working cause i just downloaded the cuda toolkit...

View attachment 473738
I could be wrong, but that' looks fine to me. I get the same thing. Device 0 (zero) is the first device, becuase computer science, math can go to hell. Normally wouldn't see it displayed like that anywhere else unless we were running something linux based.

wurg

Modder
Apr 19, 2018
ave you taken a look at the surfaces of the models with the issue? Select the model, hop onto the surfaces tab and look at any of the skin surfaces, see if there's any bright reds in there. I mean, I don't know why a figure would be loaded like that, but it's something to check anyway.
I looked into the surfaces tab to check to see if anything changed when I moved the character from the center to -5000, and nothing did. Doing a quick search on the net I found a somewhat solution, although it doesn't fix it completely. In the attached picture I lowered the translucency weight from 1 to 0.65 and increased the scattering measuring distance ( can't remember how much ), it fixed the skin tone, but as you can see it also affects the eyes too, she looks like she has demon eyes. I don't know why the colors are changing for the characters the further I move them from the center. The characters name is Beatrix if you are wondering.

doubt the distance is the problem so maybe the advice you have already received from others will help.

However, if you want to you can move the scene instead of the characters. For ease of use you can create a new Null or Group and drag and drop all scenes/props except the characters. Then you can move the intact complete scene by just moving the Null/Group instead, keeping the characters in the 0,0,0 location.
That is another idea I can try, thank you.

Reactions: DooRetsam

amuua

Nov 29, 2019
flight 2019.png

g3f custom morph, texture London Danae Metropolitian Collection V4 retrofit
g3m custom morph, texture Darius, TaB erogenesis & custom clout goggle
OOT hairs + RedSpec TGX Octane shader
Daz3D Octane plug-in :: path tracing kernel, sun source, 50mm lens, f/stop 2.8, response curve Fuji FCICD

render time 2 minute, no post works

amuua

Nov 29, 2019
dinner 0.png

dinner 2.png

g3f Finley base with custom morph, texture London Danae V4 retrofit
Daz + Octane plug-in :: backlit lightsource from random free HDRI map, glare 0-degree ray angle + spectral shift
Octane direct lighting kernel :: render time ~30 sec

how I can convert g3f finley to g8f? finley is among best of base model.

cwsmlk

Dec 20, 2017
I looked into the surfaces tab to check to see if anything changed when I moved the character from the center to -5000, and nothing did. Doing a quick search on the net I found a somewhat solution, although it doesn't fix it completely. In the attached picture I lowered the translucency weight from 1 to 0.65 and increased the scattering measuring distance ( can't remember how much ), it fixed the skin tone, but as you can see it also affects the eyes too, she looks like she has demon eyes. I don't know why the colors are changing for the characters the further I move them from the center. The characters name is Beatrix if you are wondering.

That is another idea I can try, thank you.
Did you apply the changes to the SKIN surfaces only?

wurg

Modder
Apr 19, 2018
Did you apply the changes to the SKIN surfaces only?
Yes those changes were applied to only the skin surfaces, in that pic I realized the lips were separate from the skins and applied the changes to those also, never touched the eyes. I had someone on discord trying to help me too who knows a lot more about this than me to find all this stuff, I would say I still have my training wheels on, but I don't think I've graduated from a tricycle yet to be honest.

It's hard to see in the pics, but the eyes were that way before I started trying to fix it, someone else made a post also saying this is a known issue in DAZ for some reason and when it happens to him he just repositions his character in the center and moves the scene to fit, so it seems this happens to others in varying degrees too. You would think the colors would be consistent throughout the program though.

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes