3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
This might not be the best place to put this, but I thought it might be an easy fix without starting a new thread.

Started dabbling in DAZ and am creating a series of scenes to tell a story, it's rather large as there is an airplane flying in it, the problem is the further I get from the center of the scene the worse the characters skin color gets that I am using, This is happening for all the models I'm messing around with to varying degrees.

The question is, how do I stop this? Would it be best to just use a skin manager to make it consistent, or to just shrink the scene to something tiny to keep from getting too far from the center.

The two pictures are from center and moved to -5000 on the z axis, It's a lot I know, but I am wanting to do a long shot looking at the ground from the airplane and the characters skin is bright red, even at 1000 away from center the characters skin is off.

Any help would be appreciated.
You could try to rendering the scene, then rendering the chars at 0,0,0, and then merge.

Powerline75

Nov 7, 2019
I'm quite the noob at this to start out with, so I'm not messing with really any of the settings to be honest. Those pictures are of a new blank scene with just those two characters in it moved around. The same thing is happening in the actual scene I am setting up using an HDRI for a light source only.

Here is the picture of the scene, it's not done yet, there will be 3 other characters chasing the pink thing in the shot. I want to have a couple of long shots to show different things and this little hiccup has me confounded. I'm thinking of just shrinking the whole thing down to 25% to be honest to stop this from happening.
I will assume you're using Iray, not 3Delight. In that case, the first part, two bodies with no lights whatsoever, just them in the middle of nothing, sounds like DAZ adding lights for you, since you didn't use any, which could well mean that you, unkowingly, used the same skydome for the plane render. In it, the skin tone of the pilot isn't really far off, but, I can see the red hint on the highlighting, on the plane's surface. I'd suggest to try a different HDRI image for the skydome, and see if that fixes the issue. Luckily, you don't need to dive deep under DAZ's hood, there are plenty "one click" HDRI skydome packs to pick, and experiment

Reactions: wurg

Powerline75

Nov 7, 2019
(y)

So Daz3D tries to make it's camera/lighting behave like real camera lighting. Which means we have to worry about light properties like Flux and Temperature. So if you were trying to mix your spotlight with the default scene lighting, I'm willing to bet no matter how much you jacked up the intensity on one or the other, it wouldn't behave for you.

Real point, while throwing a spotlight on a scene and calling it a day will technically "light" it, it's probably not going to be very interesting. To light a scene traditionally, we need some combination of Key (the spotlight counts), Fill, and Rim. Preferably not all in the exact same color/intensity. Should have similar Flux/Temp though unless we want something like a window with a view of daylight to darken the rest of the scene.

For a quick cheat, can use Aurous Lighting. Can be found here: Egyptian Mega Bundle. Will automatically remove any existing light and give the artist a good set of presets.
Don't get me wrong here, but...
Emission has exactly that. Light temperature in K values, flux, luminance profiles... Iray, the way it's embedded in DAZ Studio, is, obviously, cranked to prefer emissive surfaces, rather than traditional lights, with the exception of IBL skydomes (Also known as HDRI). The problem is, they didn't really add all the same property values to traditional spots/omnis/distant lights, which makes their use more of a headache. Which also is the reason I'm so enamored with mesh lighting solutions, as they deliver better on what I vision, than traditional lights, up to this point anyway

Reactions: JiiEf and wurg

wurg

Modder
Apr 19, 2018
I will assume you're using Iray, not 3Delight. In that case, the first part, two bodies with no lights whatsoever, just them in the middle of nothing, sounds like DAZ adding lights for you, since you didn't use any, which could well mean that you, unkowingly, used the same skydome for the plane render. In it, the skin tone of the pilot isn't really far off, but, I can see the red hint on the highlighting, on the plane's surface. I'd suggest to try a different HDRI image for the skydome, and see if that fixes the issue. Luckily, you don't need to dive deep under DAZ's hood, there are plenty "one click" HDRI skydome packs to pick, and experiment
Yeah I'm using Iray, I don't have a Nvidia GPU yet so I'm rendering off of CPU, hence the small images, it's hard to see but the pilot is messed up too, I'll include a quick preview from another camera angle.

I also did another quick test in a new window making sure there was no HDRI selected so I knew that wasn't the issue to show you, just a preview but you can see it, -5000 on the z axis again. The characters from top to bottom in the list are from right to left in the picture.

I'm thinking the best thing to do is just scale the whole thing down to be honest, it doesn't make any sense as to why the models would change the farther from center they are, they all do to some degree.

You could try to rendering the scene, then rendering the chars at 0,0,0, and then merge.
I might try looking into that as another way to mitigate this, thanks.

Reactions: DooRetsam

Powerline75

Nov 7, 2019
Yeah I'm using Iray, I don't have a Nvidia GPU yet so I'm rendering off of CPU, hence the small images, it's hard to see but the pilot is messed up too, I'll include a quick preview from another camera angle.

I also did another quick test in a new window making sure there was no HDRI selected so I knew that wasn't the issue to show you, just a preview but you can see it, -5000 on the z axis again. The characters from top to bottom in the list are from right to left in the picture.

I'm thinking the best thing to do is just scale the whole thing down to be honest, it doesn't make any sense as to why the models would change the farther from center they are, they all do to some degree.

I might try looking into that as another way to mitigate this, thanks.
What I can't get, is how half your models look fine, and some turn into pure-blooded sith on their own. Maybe the shaders in these particular ones are the problem? Have you tried using a different skin pack, to be sure? If that won't make a difference, I can only assume it boils down to some freak hardware glitching, or system limitations, because... in pure honesty, I can't think on why this happens, unless the shaders on the last two models are glitching. On a secondary note, on the multi-character test-render, you do have a skydome activated... you simply don't let it draw on screen. So, any red tint effect that "could" in theory affect any succeptible surface still exists, you just don't see it as background.

wurg

Modder
Apr 19, 2018
What I can't get, is how half your models look fine, and some turn into pure-blooded sith on their own. Maybe the shaders in these particular ones are the problem? Have you tried using a different skin pack, to be sure? If that won't make a difference, I can only assume it boils down to some freak hardware glitching, or system limitations, because... in pure honesty, I can't think on why this happens, unless the shaders on the last two models are glitching. On a secondary note, on the multi-character test-render, you do have a skydome activated... you simply don't let it draw on screen. So, any red tint effect that "could" in theory affect any succeptible surface still exists, you just don't see it as background.

I don't know what is causing it, but thank you for your help anyway. Someone else I talk to on discord tested this also and had the same result I did, it doesn't make any sense, but I'll keep digging to find a cause.

cwsmlk

Dec 20, 2017
I love the rendering, especially lights. how you menage to have so deep detail render lights?
Thanks. I'm not sure I totally get your question, but I used a single light source for the image (as I do most of the time.) The room is the small bedroom from the popular Euro Apt set. The window for the room comes with a build in sun light with adjustable warm/cold sliders. Works well.

I don't know what is causing it, but thank you for your help anyway. Someone else I talk to on discord tested this also and had the same result I did, it doesn't make any sense, but I'll keep digging to find a cause.
Have you taken a look at the surfaces of the models with the issue? Select the model, hop onto the surfaces tab and look at any of the skin surfaces, see if there's any bright reds in there. I mean, I don't know why a figure would be loaded like that, but it's something to check anyway.

SStyliss3D

Sep 7, 2016
Don't worry, you're not the only one. Myself too when I hit "render" I see my ram and CPU spikes to the max, slowing the whole pc even tho there's only the GPU selected. Can't say what it cause that, maybe like Culay said is the scene that is too heavy, since Daz calculate the ram and the gpu in a weird way, and not like supposedly should do, as far as I know :/

Personally.. I like much more the first one.
well i will have on my mind :)
thanks for your answer :)

Pain

May 15, 2017
This might not be the best place to put this, but I thought it might be an easy fix without starting a new thread.

Started dabbling in DAZ and am creating a series of scenes to tell a story, it's rather large as there is an airplane flying in it, the problem is the further I get from the center of the scene the worse the characters skin color gets that I am using, This is happening for all the models I'm messing around with to varying degrees.

The question is, how do I stop this? Would it be best to just use a skin manager to make it consistent, or to just shrink the scene to something tiny to keep from getting too far from the center.

The two pictures are from center and moved to -5000 on the z axis, It's a lot I know, but I am wanting to do a long shot looking at the ground from the airplane and the characters skin is bright red, even at 1000 away from center the characters skin is off.

Any help would be appreciated.
I doubt the distance is the problem so maybe the advice you have already received from others will help.

However, if you want to you can move the scene instead of the characters. For ease of use you can create a new Null or Group and drag and drop all scenes/props except the characters. Then you can move the intact complete scene by just moving the Null/Group instead, keeping the characters in the 0,0,0 location.

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes