3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

brynhildr

Compulsive Gambler
Jun 2, 2017
:unsure:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Hi,

i'am working on a new sci fi / modern living room environment. Everything is self modeled. The scene is still quite empty and needs to be filled. I'am open for suggestion on how to improve the scene.

View attachment 474794
Personally speaking, that is really cool already as it is!

SpecialXSauce

Jun 6, 2018
8 people no more??? In comparison 7 maximum for a 1080.
I think it's because i have the 8gb version. If I had the 11 I would be able to do more. My 6gb 1060 maxes at about 5 or 6 people. I'm rendering 20 ppl with just the 2080, but thats with textures reduced by about 75%. Lesson learned, spend the extra money on more RAM, not CUDA cores.

Powerline75

Nov 7, 2019
Update on the rant... after a whole 6-pack of monster cans, 3 packs of smokes, and a few punches on the wall behind the monitor, I figured out why DAZ was suddenly behaving like that, and I'm gonna leave it here, as sort of "wearning" for others that may experience the same issue.
We focus a lot on geometry load, and textures load, and we take all the steps calculating, and optimizing for those two factors, but we often miss the most important... how many light sources our GPUs can handle, shown in DAZ's own help window as "maximum lights"... in my case, it's 8. But, as I was saying, I was using a shitload of shiny, reflective, latex shaders on the entire of the figure's skin, plus ALL clothing items... and, guess what becomes a light source, when it grows too reflective...
I ended up having en entire scene full of super reflective, super shiny, and, inevitably, light rebouncing surfaces, that, given the various tones, would become light sources in the calculation, forcing a driver timeout as it was allocating memory (plus a "healthy" dosage of filled up VRAM, from that calculation), resulting in a forced CPU enabling... which, of course, would crash the entire suite, because, I have the CPU option disabled, to speed up my pieces.
TL:DR, problem solved, sort-of... drawback, I have to rely in Poser's firefly engine, whenever I get in the mood of rubber doll themed renders.... ah, well, c'est la vie.

Powerline75

Nov 7, 2019
15000 iterations
View attachment 474898
Same image with 25000 iterations
View attachment 474899
That's seriously bad luck... 15k Iterations, is, basically, 15k pixel samples, it shouldn't have that much grain on the hair, in fact, it should barely have ANY grain/noise easily visible. Personally, I only see that amount of noise on the window between 800 and 1500 iterations, many tiomes I end up with a 95-98% converged ratio before 4 thousand iterations average. I only remember one going past the 5 thousand threshold

Reactions: mariusbern

CyberW01f

Feb 9, 2018
That's seriously bad luck... 15k Iterations, is, basically, 15k pixel samples, it shouldn't have that much grain on the hair, in fact, it should barely have ANY grain/noise easily visible. Personally, I only see that amount of noise on the window between 800 and 1500 iterations, many tiomes I end up with a 95-98% converged ratio before 4 thousand iterations average. I only remember one going past the 5 thousand threshold
A denoised 15k one would look better than a 25k :ROFLMAO:
I am still very new to rendering. I retried it with the denoiser. I let it go for about 30 minutes and ~1600 iterations.
Hanna_Romantic_Pool_8_25000_Denoise.jpg

Good call! Thanks! (y)

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes