3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

MovieMike

Aug 4, 2017
Been messing around with DAZ for a couple days now, figured I would share something.

Critique is welcome :)

View attachment 477532
Good first image. There's some clipping in the pants at the bends but that'll get better with time. One thing I'd do is play with the tone mapping and crush the highlights a bit. Seems a bit overexposed. Play around in tone mapping, there's a lot in there that can drastically change the look of an image.

Reactions: Ebonheart

Troxvi

Mar 9, 2019
My first attempt at creating a non-human character. This is suppose to be a house elf like Dobby from the Harry Potter universe. It started out as a base G8 male model and i just played around with diffrent morph sliders til i got the look i was trying for. Any critique of the character model is welcome.

House elf.jpg

Techn0magier

Jul 2, 2017
View attachment 477488
render time 2 min:D, but I don't know how to use lighting in a scene other than HDRI:unsure:
You can create Meshlights via the Materials Tab in the Octane Panel
OctaneTst_001-HDRI_1SoftBox_ShadowCatcher_500samples_DAZCam.png
I've used a 45cm plane as Meshlight paired with the ruins HDRI provided by DAZ. The Genitals are the Anatomical Elements from the Pro Bundles. Complex Geografts, like NGV8 or GP didn't play nicely when you use them out of the box.

Edit:
For comparison, I have rendered the scene with the same setup in Iray.
iray_comparison.png

Render time:
Octane 0:45 - Iray 1:49

It also shows that you can't use the automated conversions from octane. You have to adjust the material settings, to achieve good results.

Last edited:

Roman DeVil

Sep 18, 2017
...can you please post the plugin file on here, or somewhere else on the Zone? I'm trying to connect to the OTOY forum, but it don't let me log in... :/

Techn0magier

Jul 2, 2017
...can you please post the plugin file on here, or somewhere else on the Zone? I'm trying to connect to the OTOY forum, but it don't let me log in... :/
You will need a connection to their servers when you activate the plugin. Otherwise, you can't use it properly.

Reactions: Namco15

Techn0magier

Jul 2, 2017
Duh. Maybe I should also show where you can find the Meshlights in Octane.
right-click pop up on the unused primitive material.
path.png

p.s.: when you dial the opacity of this material to 0. You get a 100% Ghostlight btw.

Reactions: Namco15 and lexx228

lexx228

Engaged Member
May 30, 2017
You can create Meshlights via the Materials Tab in the Octane Panel
It also shows that you can't use the automated conversions from octane. You have to adjust the material settings, to achieve good results.
still not well, but better than can be done in iray for 5 minutes ;)
oct3.png
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 12 Votes