3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

JiiEf

Aug 1, 2019
So, I had a vision for Emma Frost... which didn't work out. Then I remembered a promo render for FWSA Livia and thought it might be fun to see how that would work as a base. Dialed up some muscles, slapped on my favourite hair in platinum blonde and did a quick half-res render... and wound up getting something better than I thought I could do. The skin tone manages to be both tanned and cold in a way I wouldn't have even attempted intentionally :D

So, the White Queen. Genesis 3. Too much reflection on the boots, but reaally happy with the rest.
View attachment 481997
Side angle:
frost 2nd test.jpg

MovieMike

Aug 4, 2017
Rogue... (Genesis 8 character - testing the viability of the gear, which is why I didn't tweak the zipper). The hair worked out pretty well, but I believe it was actually intended for her (and Storm).
View attachment 481261
Rogue's really hot. I even like her Evo version too, though I have a fondness for this version. Something about forbidden fruit.

Reactions: JiiEf

cwsmlk

Dec 20, 2017
On the topic of X-Men, when I first started using Daz a couple years ago the first characters I made were X ladies. Kitty Pryde, X-23 and Magik in particular. I'd show some of the stuff here but it's a bit old and shite but it's all up on my DA (QisQ)
I was thinking of picking up another app, maybe Blender or MD to put together their actual suits but I just never got around to it. Maybe one day.
I've recently gone back to the old models and been trying to update them a bit. Trying to keep things semi-realistic...

Here's my Kitty Pryde (Shadowcat), Piotr Rasputin (Colossus) and Illyana Rasputin (Magik)
k-p-i.jpg

Here's my Logan (Wolverine) and Laura Kinney (X-23)
L-L.jpg

Couldn't find any hair products similar to Logans trademark hair, so I just went with something slightly similar to his hair in the 2001 New X-Men run...

I have a Jean / Cyclops / Emma in the works but it'll probably be awhile before I'm happy with them.

Then maybe I can motivate myself to move on to another application so I don't have to be so limited to what Daz can do.

Question:
Does anyone render their Daz scenes with a renderer other than iRay? Other than Octane, which I know a few people use. I just don't find it to be worth the extra effort for the results you get (Though it seems to be more about speed...)

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
Question:
Does anyone render their Daz scenes with a renderer other than iRay? Other than Octane, which I know a few people use. I just don't find it to be worth the extra effort for the results you get (Though it seems to be more about speed...)
I'm also perplex about that Octane plugin for Daz. Outside being quite buggy, the way you have to redo every shaders, lights, textures for a result that is generally subpar from the almost polished look of iRay. Even about the speed, with the last version of Daz I make 1527x2160 portrait in about ~15min with a 2070... I don't know if it's really worth the effort :unsure:.

Reactions: cwsmlk

CulayTL

Sneaky Bastard
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 31, 2018
View attachment 482232
My first interior render. Any feedback welcomed.
She's cute.. not sure if she looks like AWAM character but she looks nice.
Her right leg/feet and left knee it's clipping with the stage I think.
Male hands meh.. could pose him better.
The outfit, you can find something naughtier, she s in a strip bar, not in her husbands' bedroom.
Light/post work I think, looks nice
Well done!

Reactions: xispix
5.00 star(s) 12 Votes