3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

Jumbi

Feb 17, 2020
Silly question time, ''Has anyone else had any problems with lighting scenes in 4.22?'' As so far 4 out of 5 renders have been too dark, no matter how much I've upped the lights, the 5th render was to bleached out. I also stopped 3 renders Because they were almost blacked out, & as a sort of 'part two' 4.22 has crashed my laptop 7 or 8 times when building up the image before rendering.
Personally, no. I don't see anything wrong with lighting in my v4.22 install. I've experienced some stability issues, though. But after addressing and fixing some errors (errors, not warnings) listed in my log file, everything seems to be working pretty well and stable.

Reactions: DitaVonTease

DitaVonTease

Jul 25, 2021
Can u elborate, im a newbie on daz??

Daz started with being a supplier of things for Poser, they then started the software side of things, there are figures before Genesis, but we won't count them for now, so it goes Genesis, Genesis 2, Genesis 3, Genesis 8, then 8.1, which is more of an HD G8, then last December we had Genesis 9.....

Ir0n Ma1den

Jun 15, 2021
Daz started with being a supplier of things for Poser, they then started the software side of things, there are figures before Genesis, but we won't count them for now, so it goes Genesis, Genesis 2, Genesis 3, Genesis 8, then 8.1, which is more of an HD G8, then last December we had Genesis 9.....
I mean this line, You could try the transfer utility's favorite morphs trick. What is the morph trick??

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
Silly question time, ''Has anyone else had any problems with lighting scenes in 4.22?'' As so far 4 out of 5 renders have been too dark, no matter how much I've upped the lights, the 5th render was to bleached out. I also stopped 3 renders Because they were almost blacked out, & as a sort of 'part two' 4.22 has crashed my laptop 7 or 8 times when building up the image before rendering.
There is a known issue with some of the hair from OOT. If you're using it, and you paid for it, than there should be some updates for it on DAZ. For the OOT hair that gives you problems (crashed DAZ on me three times before I figured it out), than you have to remove any file for the "Transmitted Color" setting in the Surface properties for the hair.

I haven't noticed any lighting issues. You may want to play with tone mapping.

This simple render crashed my system three times when it started to render. I done some searching and found some information about most of these has to do with a shader OOT uses for his hair. This was with OOT TopModel Updo in my case. This render was possible after I done the above adjustment...

Cassandra (G3F) - Centerfold.png
Note: This is Cassandra from "Dating my Daughter".

#Daz Crash

Last edited:

DitaVonTease

Jul 25, 2021
There is a known issue with some of the hair from OOT. If you're using it, and you paid for it, than there should be some updates for it on DAZ. For the OOT hair that gives you problems (crashed DAZ on me three times before I figured it out), than you have to remove any file for the "Transmitted Color" setting in the Surface properties for the hair.

I haven't noticed any lighting issues. You may want to play with tone mapping.

This simple render crashed my system three times when it started to render. I done some searching and found some information about most of these has to do with a shader OOT uses for his hair. This was with OOT TopModel Updo in my case. This render was possible after I done the above adjustment...

View attachment 3091120
Note: This is Cassandra from "Dating my Daughter".

#Daz Crash

Mmmm...Odd, as I haven't used an OOT hair, for well over a month. Only two G9 figures, one with a lot of extra parts, the other is Old Satan....Eeeerrr Santa.....A fairly light Landscape, VDB Fog, a massively tweaked Custom Chopper from Turbosquid, added new handlebars & other bits, both figures have a 3 light set up, each, plus some other little bits that the scene needs, a HDRI for sky, & 3 or 4 magic related items...Well, as I haven't anything better to do, I'll keep at it till I've figured it out, thanks for the heads-up re-OOT's hair....

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes