3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

Yonamous

Dec 17, 2017
Yeah it was too late to realize that and I was too lazy to do it again :HideThePain: and decided to leave it to render.
If there's bleed through or mistakes like that in a render that I never caught before it got too far along, I'll just open it in photoshop and fix it there. If you get good with Photoshop, you can even start adding filters and blending layers to make it look photorealistic; something I'm not capable of yet.

Reactions: Jumbi and _JKay_

Dr.Slime

Nov 15, 2022
I meant "Good enough for" VN work.
Reasonably fast render of acceptable quality of scenes with multiple angles.

For single, static renders it's easier to get the lighting right for that single camera angle and I go for the best quality.
Most of the time when you have a perfect picture, and you view it from a different angle, the lighting is horrible.
If I can make my random shit work with different angles, I go for it. But that's rare.

For VN scenes I try setting up the scenes to work for all angles, and I don't have to change the lighting for every angle.
It results in lesser quality, but "Good enough for me".
Example:
View attachment 3569607 View attachment 3569608 View attachment 3569609 View attachment 3569610
For this type of lighting how do you do it?

BzPz

Jan 16, 2022
For this type of lighting how do you do it?
My indoor scenes follow a simple setup:
  1. A huge ghost-light that is slightly smaller and lower than the ceiling to flood the room with light. Changing the colour and intensity of this ceiling emission plane lets me change the overall look (bright day/dark night/etc)
  2. Put a light source outside the window that shines inside (the sun/moon/streetlamp/etc)
  3. Put extra ghost-lights around lit lamps to support them.
  4. Hang a personal ghost-light on the character to provide extra light that mimics the main light source in the scene (the sun from the window in the below example)
scene view.jpg

Getting the amount of light right lets me use these settings to get a reasonable result:
render settings.jpg

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes