3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

Leeduva

Mar 3, 2020
It really depends on the look you want and the way you want your render to be perceived. Something a bit more moody might be rendered a bit brighter than you want simply to make DAZ not work so hard, then you can use your favorite image editor to get it darker and more contrasty, maybe even adding vignette (DAZ doesn't do vignetting). Maybe you want something that looks like a painting or pastels or even crayons then you would post. I always post process even if it is just to add my signature to the bottom of the image. Image editors can even FIX issues you might have had in the render that weren't noticed until you are many minutes into a render. For example, have you ever had nipples poke through an outfit, you can fix it in post. These are just a few of many examples.

Lots of reason to use 'filters' and other tools on an image after DAZ is done.
Yeah I had many issues with Poke throughs and clipping. The thing is this I work as what they call in the security industry a floater. Basically if someone calls out of work,gets fire,quit,etc..... Which I ended up working alot in different places. Reason why I bring this up is that I have a great PC for rendering it just That I never have much time to render. So depending on where I'm working at I use my shitty laptop to some work sites for renders. My laptop have no problem render simple scenes for Genesis 2 and below. And can render Genesis 3. But fails at Genesis 8 or above,if the stars are aline. Despite this my renders looks mediocre, and doesn't feel like I'm getting anywhere. And I'm thinking if I'm. just better off using a filter,or master the basics of Daz3d like lighting,pose,expressions,and camera work.
By the way thank you for answering my question!)

Last edited:

Leeduva

Mar 3, 2020
For me, it's not so much post work or whatever, but having the right lighting and environment to set the mood, then give your characters expressions on their faces as well as in their poses to show the viewer their feelings and mood rather than just bland expressionless faces. Set the camera up with depth of field etc... I still have a lot to learn, but I keep experimenting with all of these including coming up with my own poses and expressions and saving them, playing with lighting etc. Keep experimenting, there's no better way to improve.
Thank you for answering my question. I think I should master the basics. Especially when it comes to expressions. I don't know why but I can never seems to get it right.

clowns234

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2021
Yeah I had many issues with Poke throughs and clipping. The thing is this I work as what they call in the security industry a floater. Basically if someone calls out of work,gets fire,quit,etc..... Which I ended up working alot in different places. Reason why I bring this up is that I have a great PC for rendering it just That I never have much time to render. So depending on where I'm working at I use my shitty laptop to some work sites for renders. My laptop have no problem render simple scenes for Genesis 2 and below. And can render Genesis 3. But fails at Genesis 8 or above,if the stars are aline. Despite this my renders looks mediocre, and doesn't feel like I'm getting anywhere. And I'm thinking if I'm. just better off using a filter,or master the basics of Daz3d like lighting,pose,expressions,and camera work.
I don't use one, but I know there is batching software that lets you queue up a bunch of renders and walk away. You could use the laptop to create your scenes but then do the actual renders on the better machine. Just a suggestion.

DitaVonTease

Jul 25, 2021
I know more 'Flappy Flaps', 'Winged Things', possible 'Angels or Demons', this is "HELL'S ANGEL", as usual other than my siggy, everything is as 'Rendered in DAZ STUDIO', no postwork at all. I played with different lighting to most of my artwork, & different camera angles..... Hell's Angel sig.png Hell's Angel #2 sig.png Hell's Angel #3 sig.png

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes