Tool RPGM DazedMTLTool - A tool that provides quality MTL translations using ChatGPT

EarthenPlanet

Jul 9, 2023
How long would you expect it to take someone with programming experience (but no Japanese skills) to translate their first game? For instance, this one nsfw link.

I don't have lots of time but I've really enjoyed your translations in the past and would like to help out with some games you don't have time for!

dazedanon

Engaged Member
Modder
Uploader
Donor
Jul 24, 2017
How long would you expect it to take someone with programming experience (but no Japanese skills) to translate their first game? For instance, this one nsfw link.

I don't have lots of time but I've really enjoyed your translations in the past and would like to help out with some games you don't have time for!
Honestly if you have some programming skills it should be easy. I have a guide thats written with no programming experience expected and my tool does most of the work. You just have to look to make edits to some menus and some text and you can DM me for any questions. I don't see it take more than a few days of work at most and thats mostly just testing and editing.

• Red Heart
Reactions: EarthenPlanet

EarthenPlanet

Jul 9, 2023
Honestly if you have some programming skills it should be easy. I have a guide thats written with no programming experience expected and my tool does most of the work. You just have to look to make edits to some menus and some text and you can DM me for any questions. I don't see it take more than a few days of work at most and thats mostly just testing and editing.
Will we need the game in original Japanese or do other translations usually preserve the original logs?

dazedanon

Engaged Member
Modder
Uploader
Donor
Jul 24, 2017
Latest Changes add Tyrano support. Still a WIP but should be able to handle most games.

Reactions: bazelgeuse
Mar 12, 2018
So yeah, I got access to GPT4 finally and I'm doing some tests.

GPT3.5
1688758921456.png
1688758921456.png

GPT4
1688758945971.png
1688758945971.png

So yeah as you can see it doesn't fuck up the subject with GPT4 which is fantastic IMO. But then the $5 game estimate with 3.5 turns into this.
1688759047560.png
1688759047560.png

So yeah, I'd love to use it but my wallet can't handle that. So I'm going to have to wait for a bit longer until it drops in price a bit or my Patreon earns me a bit more per translation. :cry:

Therefore if you like my MTLs and want to see me switch to GPT4, consider supporting me on Patreon. My first goal is to shoot for $200 per translation which would cover the cost for smaller games.
So if the cost is the main problem, then will you be willing to take personal requests? Like, let's say, someone offers you 100-200$ to translate a game? From what I saw so far GPT 4 is MUCH better at translating, almost as good as manual translation (probably better than Saikey's translations, lol).

dazedanon

Engaged Member
Modder
Uploader
Donor
Jul 24, 2017
So if the cost is the main problem, then will you be willing to take personal requests? Like, let's say, someone offers you 100-200$ to translate a game? From what I saw so far GPT 4 is MUCH better at translating, almost as good as manual translation (probably better than Saikey's translations, lol).
Yes if people really want to pay for GPT4 I'd accept.

revyfan

Jan 26, 2018
Is there a way to use a different model from OpenAI? The newest "Instruct" model has an interesting feature, that of which is it's mostly uncensored without any kind of jailbreak.

dazedanon

Engaged Member
Modder
Uploader
Donor
Jul 24, 2017
Is there a way to use a different model from OpenAI? The newest "Instruct" model has an interesting feature, that of which is it's mostly uncensored without any kind of jailbreak.
Yeah at the bottom in the translate function you can switch the model.

xorxorrax

Modder
Apr 12, 2020
Yeah at the bottom in the translate function you can switch the model.
Here is the email I got for more info about the instruct model:
1696210763405.png
It's not as easy since gpt-3.5-turbo-instruct is a complete model and not a chat model. But yah revyfan you'd not only have to change the line with the model but change the openai.ChatCompletion to a .

Complete models are usually better at tasks so maybe they are better for translating? being the same price as gpt-3.5-turbo is a huge +.

Ill probably test it later as well.

Reactions: dazedanon

dazedanon

Engaged Member
Modder
Uploader
Donor
Jul 24, 2017
Le
Here is the email I got for more info about the instruct model:
View attachment 2973732
It's not as easy since gpt-3.5-turbo-instruct is a complete model and not a chat model. But yah revyfan you'd not only have to change the line with the model but change the openai.ChatCompletion to a .

Complete models are usually better at tasks so maybe they are better for translating? being the same price as gpt-3.5-turbo is a huge +.

Ill probably test it later as well.
Let me know how it goes. I will try it out as well when I get some time. c:

revyfan

Jan 26, 2018
I tried doing it, but I just can't seem to get it. If someone managed to get instruct working, post the edited files here please (Edit: I meant without the API keys).

And if you wanna know how well instruct works, here's some translation examples. The first picture is from GPT4, second is GPT3.5 and the last is InstrucTurbo

Here's the original text

「ダメぇええぇえ! ださないでぇえっ、ださないでぇええ! ひがぁあっ、んうぅぅううっ、ひうぅうっ、おごおぉお!」

子宮壁を灼く野良犬の精液の熱さに悶えながら、麗佳は自分が淫楽を感じている事実をおぞましく思っていた。

「チャ、チャペスじゃないのに、ひあっ、チャペスいがいの、 せいえきなのにぃいぃ! おあぁあっ、はひぃぃいいぃ!」

射精を始めた野良犬のペニスは根元が膨らみだし、麗佳をさらに追い込んだ。

「オ、オチンチンのコブがぁあ! コ、コブ、ふくらむぅう! ひゃひぃぃいぃい! んあっ、あぁっ、おごぉおぉおお!」

亀頭球を膨張させ、ペニスを膣内で固定した野良犬は、そのままくるりと背を向けて交尾結合の体勢に入った。

Screenshot 2023-10-01 225420.png
Screenshot 2023-10-01 225520.png
Screenshot 2023-10-01 225601.png

Last edited:
Reactions: dazedanon

dazedanon

Engaged Member
Modder
Uploader
Donor
Jul 24, 2017
Didn't really have great luck with instruct. Its definitely quicker but it seems to have far less capability with complex instructions. ChatGPT gives you system so you can tailor your instructions before sending it any requests, but instruct wants you to put the instructions in the same prompt as the text you want to translate which causes it to get confused.

If I had a simple Translate X then it probably wouldn't be an issue but since I'm inserting a complex list of instructions + the names and genders of the characters + past tled text, it seems to get overwhelmed and fail miserably just sending back more japanese text...

1696706275289.png

But idk maybe my approach is wrong, perhaps someone else can figure out a better method.

Reactions: jaden_yuki