Tool RPGM DazedMTLTool - A tool that provides quality MTL translations using ChatGPT

lovelas777

Sep 21, 2019
1696965520424.png i get this mistake ✗ No API key provided. You can set your API key in code using 'openai.api_key = <API-KEY>', or you can set the environment variable OPENAI_API_KEY=<API-KEY>). If your API key is stored in a file, you can point the openai module at it with 'openai.api_key_path = <PATH>'. You can generate API keys in the OpenAI web interface. See for details, or email support@openai.com if you have any questions.

i tried to rename file from env.example to env.env and dousen't helped, also env.example don't work for me

dazedanon

Engaged Member
Modder
Uploader
Donor
Jul 24, 2017
View attachment 2995760 i get this mistake ✗ No API key provided. You can set your API key in code using 'openai.api_key = <API-KEY>', or you can set the environment variable OPENAI_API_KEY=<API-KEY>). If your API key is stored in a file, you can point the openai module at it with 'openai.api_key_path = <PATH>'. You can generate API keys in the OpenAI web interface. See for details, or email support@openai.com if you have any questions.

i tried to rename file from env.example to env.env and dousen't helped, also env.example don't work for me
Needs to be .env like so. 1696965636220.png

lovelas777

Sep 21, 2019
Also I can kinda see it but remove the <> in key and organization.
thank you! successfully translated 1 game, now can i ask a question, what i need to change in code to translate game from japanese to another language or from english to another language (not to english)? is it possible?

dazedanon

Engaged Member
Modder
Uploader
Donor
Jul 24, 2017
thank you! successfully translated 1 game, now can i ask a question, what i need to change in code to translate game from japanese to another language or from english to another language (not to english)? is it possible?
All the Japanese Regex's in the code need to be changed which may be a bit difficult, you also need to adjust the prompt for whatever language you want.

z-z

Aug 17, 2022
i'm a complete noob on chat gpt, do i need to pay anything for it or the api? i keep finding conflicting info for paying.

storycoolbro

Feb 15, 2020
Do you know of a tool that is basically plug and play? I wanna start playing games that aren't translated
is a great tool for hooking game text and throwing it to an online MTL( has a few options DeepL, Google, Bing,and a few others) The guy making it has stopped releasing updates but the community has added support for many additional game engines which aren't included in the main download on the releases page it can be found at bottom of . it will still work without updating that, but you'll experience issues with some engines or in some cases no good auto attached hooks.

derakino999

Sep 30, 2017
is a great tool for hooking game text and throwing it to an online MTL( has a few options DeepL, Google, Bing,and a few others) The guy making it has stopped releasing updates but the community has added support for many additional game engines which aren't included in the main download on the releases page it can be found at bottom of . it will still work without updating that, but you'll experience issues with some engines or in some cases no good auto attached hooks.
Have you been able to make it work with wolfrpg?
I get garbage on any hook, EVEN if i input the main 'correct' one

flipzyFlip

Oct 29, 2021
View attachment 2535664

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Switching to GPT4 -> https://f95zone.to/threads/dazedmtl...anslations-using-chatgpt.155635/post-11179712

Contributions:
OrcboIg - Implemented a better method for injecting past translated text for context. Improving translations overall.
Hey dazeeeeeeee……could you upload a video on how we can translate it?.

Otsym

Oct 19, 2018
Hey dazed, I have been working on a GPT3.5 based MTL myself and I just had a few questions that I thought you might be able to answer with experience

How do you deal with GPT refusing to translate "adult content?" Even your sample prompt won't get through for me because of the word "smut" in the first line.

How effective has passing through translation history been for you in terms of quality? I'm working with quite a large script (I think something like 18 million tokens) and was wondering if it would be worth to skimp on history to save on tokens if it won't make too large of an impact in quality.

And as far as how to do history, I'm assuming you're just adding the original text and translated text into the prompt straight up like "Examples: <original> : <translated>"?

dazedanon

Engaged Member
Modder
Uploader
Donor
Jul 24, 2017
Hey dazed, I have been working on a GPT3.5 based MTL myself and I just had a few questions that I thought you might be able to answer with experience

How do you deal with GPT refusing to translate "adult content?" Even your sample prompt won't get through for me because of the word "smut" in the first line.

How effective has passing through translation history been for you in terms of quality? I'm working with quite a large script (I think something like 18 million tokens) and was wondering if it would be worth to skimp on history to save on tokens if it won't make too large of an impact in quality.

And as far as how to do history, I'm assuming you're just adding the original text and translated text into the prompt straight up like "Examples: <original> : <translated>"?
1. If you use the API you won't come across the filter much with my prompt, or at least I don't. Maybe one line or two a game. Specifically I use the Python library provided by openai.

2. History makes a big difference in quality in my experience. However there are diminishing returns eventually. I've settled with the last 10 lines are good enough for HGames. Also keep in mind that there are times when history can also hurt the quality. Sometimes the history confuses GPT and it will hallucinate nonsense giving a worse TL then if you just did a single line.

3. Basically before I send every request I inject the last 10 lines of translation like so. "Past Translated Text: <HISTORY_TEXT_HERE>."

I've only ever given it the English version of past text as I'm afraid of confusing it with more Japanese text. Maybe something you can experiment with.

flipzyFlip

Oct 29, 2021
1. If you use the API you won't come across the filter much with my prompt, or at least I don't. Maybe one line or two a game. Specifically I use the Python library provided by openai.

2. History makes a big difference in quality in my experience. However there are diminishing returns eventually. I've settled with the last 10 lines are good enough for HGames. Also keep in mind that there are times when history can also hurt the quality. Sometimes the history confuses GPT and it will hallucinate nonsense giving a worse TL then if you just did a single line.

3. Basically before I send every request I inject the last 10 lines of translation like so. "Past Translated Text: <HISTORY_TEXT_HERE>."

I've only ever given it the English version of past text as I'm afraid of confusing it with more Japanese text. Maybe something you can experiment with.
Can u do this one……."………https://f95zone.to/threads/manamino-noo-gi.28092/

storycoolbro

Feb 15, 2020
Have you been able to make it work with wolfrpg?
I get garbage on any hook, EVEN if i input the main 'correct' one
if you haven't updated recently the texthook.dll from the second link in my post try that it does get updated occasionally, but some wolfrpg games still have issues not sure why there's only 1 wolfrpg game I play frequently and it has a fan translation patch, however I did find you could try judging by the date of that comment( Feb 13, 2022 ) and the date of the latest releases on the releases page (Jan 31, 2022 ) he had planned on adding this to the next main release but then stopped releasing updates it may be included in the texthook.dll update on the aplha build archive page but I'm not sure. Checked with the community on the github

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: derakino999

BoohooBitch

Oct 30, 2017
is there a way do translate jp novels from syosetu with this? there are a bunch of favs there that i read with google translate, im wondering if this will give a better reading experience.

mario6714

Jun 22, 2020
Hi, can i request something?

I don't know if you can create a excel file for example and store the original text and the translate text

For example:

1698601997983.png

Thanks