• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Tool RPGM DazedMTLTool - A tool that provides quality MTL translations using ChatGPT

Alternation62

Mar 7, 2019
I'm a noob here. I'm using the Arceus VN tool you recommended to transfer the text into an excel spreadsheet. However, I can't make heads or tails of the command to type in based on his directions. I'm trying to translate a Lilith game with pfs files and Lune games with pac files which don't show up in his tools default menu. I looked at the Lune game you recently translated and noticed you had a program file called Pac Manager; will I need something like that for Lune games? Sorry to badger you, but this is an opportunity I've been waiting a long time for. Thank you.

dazedanon

Engaged Member
Modder
Uploader
Donor
Jul 24, 2017
I'm a noob here. I'm using the Arceus VN tool you recommended to transfer the text into an excel spreadsheet. However, I can't make heads or tails of the command to type in based on his directions. I'm trying to translate a Lilith game with pfs files and Lune games with pac files which don't show up in his tools default menu. I looked at the Lune game you recently translated and noticed you had a program file called Pac Manager; will I need something like that for Lune games? Sorry to badger you, but this is an opportunity I've been waiting a long time for. Thank you.
I used PacManager but it has more limitations than the one I linked. IIRC you need to unpack the PAC file with garbro and then use the VN tool to unpack the SRP files.

For Lilith not sure but I probably haven't made a script for it yet. Also my tool probably won't work on another Lune game out of the box either since the formatting might be a bit different than pacmanager.

Alternation62

Mar 7, 2019
Okay, I extracted the files with Garbo. How do I use the VN tool to unpack the files? It's not a program so I assume I have to use command shell for this. However, it does not recognize VNTextPatch as a command.

dazedanon

Engaged Member
Modder
Uploader
Donor
Jul 24, 2017
Okay, I extracted the files with Garbo. How do I use the VN tool to unpack the files? It's not a program so I assume I have to use command shell for this. However, it does not recognize VNTextPatch as a command.
You just run the bat after placing the srps in input.

HyperiusEvolved

Jun 23, 2021
Hey Dazed,

What do you think of the new changes to OpenAI's API?

Both GPT3.5 and 4 have become around 2.75x? cheaper and the newer models are supposedly more adept at following instructions. I haven't messed with the new models yet but I would imagine they would lead to cheaper and better translations.

Reactions: dazedanon

dazedanon

Engaged Member
Modder
Uploader
Donor
Jul 24, 2017
Hey Dazed,

What do you think of the new changes to OpenAI's API?

Both GPT3.5 and 4 have become around 2.75x? cheaper and the newer models are supposedly more adept at following instructions. I haven't messed with the new models yet but I would imagine they would lead to cheaper and better translations.
Nice!! I'll have to see how they behave with actual games but I'm super happy about the pricing changes.

xorxorrax

Modder
Apr 12, 2020
I'm actually hype to try gpt-4-turbo. The price still might not make sense for a full game, but for the more difficult text it could make a difference. Also 128K context is a lot o_O

Reactions: jaden_yuki

GodOfAll

Aug 20, 2017
I'm actually hype to try gpt-4-turbo. The price still might not make sense for a full game, but for the more difficult text it could make a difference. Also 128K context is a lot o_O
Censored hard. They actually now censor their paid api's as well.

GodOfAll

Aug 20, 2017
Its been that way for a while but I haven't had much issues with my prompt.
Really? My gpt4 on normal is currently not censored. I was quite happy when I saw that I would get 128 k context but then it just censored way harder. The problem is that you can't really test it out. If you put in 40K context for example it will just say "nope" and still charge you half a dollar.

dazedanon

Engaged Member
Modder
Uploader
Donor
Jul 24, 2017
Really? My gpt4 on normal is currently not censored. I was quite happy when I saw that I would get 128 k context but then it just censored way harder. The problem is that you can't really test it out. If you put in 40K context for example it will just say "nope" and still charge you half a dollar.
When I used playground to test some translations I often had to mess around with the prompt or it just censored me but this was on GPT 3.5. That's the only reason why I say it hasn't changed for me with the new model.

Reactions: jaden_yuki
May 21, 2018
1700193181455.png I have tried to follow the steps in your tutorial, but when I try to run python, I get this message, and there are repeated times that happens, I do not know what to do.

May 21, 2018
U didnt install the dependencies in the guide. The requirements.txt.
1700193926695.png
I'm sorry but I have 0 knowledge about vsc and python, I do not understand almost nothing of the guide you put, yesterday I tried repeatedly, reinstall python by checking the paths box, put the gpt (although I have the API and ID does not allow me to ask anything) and I can not pass this step, I put what you put me in the guide but it does not install anything, neither with cmd nor with the vsc terminal, yesterday I was asked for a thing called "colorama" I installed it as "pip install colorama" and now I get this message, I put the pip install -r requirements but I do not download anything, I do not know exactly what I need, it would be good if you made a video of how to use your method because I am very interested in the subject.

dazedanon

Engaged Member
Modder
Uploader
Donor
Jul 24, 2017
View attachment 3092748
I'm sorry but I have 0 knowledge about vsc and python, I do not understand almost nothing of the guide you put, yesterday I tried repeatedly, reinstall python by checking the paths box, put the gpt (although I have the API and ID does not allow me to ask anything) and I can not pass this step, I put what you put me in the guide but it does not install anything, neither with cmd nor with the vsc terminal, yesterday I was asked for a thing called "colorama" I installed it as "pip install colorama" and now I get this message, I put the pip install -r requirements but I do not download anything, I do not know exactly what I need, it would be good if you made a video of how to use your method because I am very interested in the subject.
requirements.txt not requirements. Make sure you follow the guide to a T.