Darth Smut

May 1, 2018
These last days I edited the OP to update some pictures & add links to a . There you will be able to download Exclusive Public Versions for Free (such as the v0.2.19 just launched today), receive support with bugs and issues and meet anyone who wants to join us.

As you may know, I have been contacting some of you via PM, Discord, etc. to speak with you and talk more about some of the suggestions, feedback and Bug alerts I am receiving from here. It has been very helpful and useful, and the game is improving a lot with some of your insights. However, this procedure is very time consuming, and in order to optimize my efforts I created this about Death Star Trainer. You can send it anonymously or you can leave contact info so I can properly answer you :)

May 30, 2017
Lol. What a way to turn around a stupid joke and create (unnecessary?) drama.
Never said you're anything. Never said anyone's opinions or way of playing are wrong. Never even said that I disliked any of your comments (I do not).

If this forum is teaching me something is that I am in control of my feelings and I decide how to take everything. I decided to make a Joke. You, instead of laugh, decided to get mad.
Dude:
-> you say you value everyones opinions and feedback
-> someone gives you feedback that you could handle criticism better
-> ten people like the comment
-> you devote half your next post to attacking the person for their politely stated opinion

Do you see how that kind of proves the guy's point?

Sep 10, 2018
I see what's going on here fully now. I originally said via pm that i'd test the game and provide feedback in a few versions but what's the point? the 5 tier delayed shenanigans means feedback will be months behind and the developer couldn't give a shit what any of us thinks. The only reason he is here is to drag more people into the multigated blueball grindfest and then a portion of those people to donate to his patreon. He started getting shitty when he thought the bad reviews would cost him money, then tried to scam likes, then individually private message people to stop the bad responses in this thread: all distractions from the fact he is a god tier shekel grubber and has zero intention of doing the one thing that would be a legitimate display of good faith; change the patreon/release/in-game gating.

DON'T GIVE A CENT TO THIS DEVELOPER'S PATREON

Darth Smut

May 1, 2018
Today I am releasing these 5 updates:
  • for Dark Lord ($45) Patreons
  • for Grand Moff ($20) Patreons
  • for Generals ($10) Patreons
  • v0.2.10 [Gorg] for FREE (Public Version) - Link on OP
Merry Christmas to you all,
Darth Smut.

Reactions: Roland Deschain

AlienAnal

Aug 19, 2017
any sex stuff yet? can you smash yet that commander female thing cant remember the name xD

May 30, 2017
So because the dev deleted this part of his original message - it was part of his post about the discord server - so he could repost it after all the feedback he ignored, I have moved this feedback to this new message so the quote links properly:

"Another piece of feedback I would reiterate is that releasing 5 different versions of your game and maintaining them separately is hugely inefficient.

For instance:
- Instead of having one constant list of bugs, all 5 versions need unique bug lists
- Every bug you fix you have to fix it 5 separate times, rather than just once
- if you build on elements in v.0.2 editions without properly testing them, you're going to have whole game systems built on bugs in newer versions, which you will then have to fix separately

No other dev maintains 5 different versions of the same game. They have one version that they update and hotfix as bugs come out, that they release to different tiers with different delays.

The only advantage your method has is that you can gate content better and charge users more. It's slower, it's makes bug fixing a chore, it is a huge drain on your limited time as a solo dev, so why do it?"

Halfelf

Nov 23, 2017
So because the dev deleted this part of his original message - it was part of his post about the discord server - so he could repost it after all the feedback he ignored, I have moved this feedback to this new message so the quote links properly:

"Another piece of feedback I would reiterate is that releasing 5 different versions of your game and maintaining them separately is hugely inefficient.

For instance:
- Instead of having one constant list of bugs, all 5 versions need unique bug lists
- Every bug you fix you have to fix it 5 separate times, rather than just once
- if you build on elements in v.0.2 editions without properly testing them, you're going to have whole game systems built on bugs in newer versions, which you will then have to fix separately

No other dev maintains 5 different versions of the same game. They have one version that they update and hotfix as bugs come out, that they release to different tiers with different delays.

The only advantage your method has is that you can gate content better and charge users more. It's slower, it's makes bug fixing a chore, it is a huge drain on your limited time as a solo dev, so why do it?"

you already answered your own question so he can charge users more.

GuardianZ

Jun 12, 2017
I see what's going on here fully now. I originally said via pm that i'd test the game and provide feedback in a few versions but what's the point? the 5 tier delayed shenanigans means feedback will be months behind and the developer couldn't give a shit what any of us thinks. The only reason he is here is to drag more people into the multigated blueball grindfest and then a portion of those people to donate to his patreon. He started getting shitty when he thought the bad reviews would cost him money, then tried to scam likes, then individually private message people to stop the bad responses in this thread: all distractions from the fact he is a god tier shekel grubber and has zero intention of doing the one thing that would be a legitimate display of good faith; change the patreon/release/in-game gating.

DON'T GIVE A CENT TO THIS DEVELOPER'S PATREON
Well obviously.

Reactions: saintvermillion

Brady2626

Engaged Member
Mar 2, 2018
Merry Christmas to you all,
Darth Smut.
and after i leave it alone for months try to come back you are still doing the same thing after literally every piece of feed back you got said to stop doing the thing why would i ever give you any money? i feel bad for all of your supporters if you have any that actually pay $45 a month for the full game i'd be shocked but also feel sad for them for being so desperate as to pay almost a Triple A titles worth of money a month just to play the updated version this kind of makes me sick see you in another many months to see if you have learned your lesson and actually want to make money

bigpenniser

Aug 7, 2016
Lets be real, this was kind of a scam already when it started, and then he added to the team the other Star Wars' game scammer. Nothing good can come out of it.

Is there anything worth the playthrough now anyways? Or is just more blueballing with 0 actual content?

Also, writing in different colors doesnt make you neither any more clever nor any more right.

Brady2626

Engaged Member
Mar 2, 2018
Not in this v0.2.10, sorry. Only Dance & Strips in the Canteen
Developing this game has been harder than I initially thought, and we are still in a very early version.
so i ask you is there any actual scenes in the $45 version? (even though im sure i know the answer)

smkey21

Nov 15, 2017
So I rated this as a 1 star game after the last release and Darth Smut messaged me a rather lengthy message that basically boiled down to asking what would be needed to get anything better than a 1 star rating, and also requesting I remove some of my review that he felt might mislead people. Despite knowing that there is little to no chance of any suggestions I make actually impacting him, I still fully intend to respond to his message with a much more detailed response. That said, as a 'new' version just released I figured I would toss out a few of what I feel are the more obvious issues with this 'game' he's making.

First off, this thread was made by him back in early July. It is now over 5 months later, and there are a whopping 9(?) CGs in it. A slight variant of the dance scene, and I'm pretty sure one variant for the strip scene. If this were a VN style game it would be perhaps 15 minutes of content, and yet the pacing is so horrible it probably takes over an hour playing optimally to earn the credits to see all the scenes. This doesn't even take into account that there are loads completely pointless money-sinks that an uninformed person might accidentally waste cash buying.

The second glaring issue I have? It's pretty straightforward. The plot is horrible. There's what? Well over 50 years between the various females featured in the game? The game tries to lampshade the whole thing, but in reality, there isn't going to be a satisfactory explanation for these characters being around the same age other than the relatively limited selection of popular star wars girls. The fact that there are so few well known females to choose from also presents its own set of issues. The existence of multiple tiers of capture devices, as an aside, is ridiculous based on who you can capture with the weakest tier.

The final glaring issue I have with the game are various design choices DS has made. Doing anything in this game feels like it takes at least twice as many clicks as it should. The game at least used to (I don't remember it doing so in the .2.0 version) open a link to patreon when you closed it. Every time... It also had that little logo all over the place. He also locks upgrades behind how well he is doing financially in the game. That upgrade is also connected to the most convoluted system in the game. There's a quest log type thing in the game, but it is mostly worthless because it wants you to go to places with no content, so you can easily miss things like the fact that if you talk with the emperor he will give you 50k credits. As my final point I just want to emphasize that the number of versions for this are absurd. If you want to trickle out content, you can do something along the lines of: giving top tier the unstable in development release; once it's stable, give it a week to drop down each tier; meanwhile keep the free version a version behind stable the patreon version, nobody cares about 3000 words of commander storyline, they want to see actual content for the main focus of the game; if you want to have an exclusive discord release treat it as a week early preview rather than this ugly mess.

SirTwist

Nov 5, 2017
5 versions of this game? And the lowest version to here? Okay, a little advice. Cut down to one. One version will help you out a ton. The reduction can help out with less stress, and less head ache. I base everything out of the lowest version out. So, I will say with v0.2.11 there has been some improvement. However, a staggered release of only one version will reduce the workload, stress, and potential headache. Just trying to help out.

Here is what I found that is good about the latest version: The time in loading screens is increased, which is good. I had not progressed beyond tier one in the Security Center in my play through. I haven't really progressed everything through latest tier. I have had progressed enough to get a feel. I see a few improvements, but I am not 100% sure how far things have gone. This is a first approximation.

Reactions: polandball

smkey21

Nov 15, 2017
I just noticed that DS can't even keep the fucking versions straight. Either there was an incremental version update that was missed (I'm sure that's what it was) or he mislabeled the version as .2.10 in his post, but everywhere else it's .2.11. Now if we can just get an explanation what the hell the gorg/mynock/bantha tags in his release post means. Why are bantha top tier in this system? Is that the best idea he could come up with? Why not a system based on jarjars or midichlorians?

1.50 star(s) 44 Votes