May 30, 2017
Great minds think alike @Kaiww ! :) And don't worry, its not out of place here at all, my posts have been long. Glad you suggested this idea though, hearing it from a fan would probably be helpful to the dev.

Reactions: Kaiww

RedPillBlues

I Want to Rock your Body (To the Break of Dawn)
Donor
Jun 5, 2017
However, there is a wave of hate against this project and me that it is beyond my comprehension.
ha HAHAHA.

No but seriously, I don't know how many times I need to say it your monetisation scheme is terrible. You shouldn't have two builds of the same game for patrons, and you will get shit till you fix it.

Reactions: bigpenniser

bas

retired
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
Some of these comments have become circular arguments which have now devolved into bickering and personal attacks. This is both obnoxious to those looking to discuss the game, and is also against the forum rules. Please end it.

Further posts that contain personal arguments will result in official warnings and thread-bans.

Darth Smut

May 1, 2018
I just decided that Today, as a Christmas gift, I am going to publish a new DST version here in F95zone (later I will edit this post to include the links).

Following the advice of mods, I will only talk about the game (bugs, in-game content, etc) and give support who needs it.

If you have doubts, ideas or suggestions about stuff like Patreon Management, Marketing, Business Strategy, etc. please send me a PM and keep those discussions in private conversations.

This will be my last public statement about these topics:
Darth Smut said:
I do my best trying not to be rude. Like other people here, English is not my native language, and I may lack the words to express myself in a proper way. If I seem rude or a dick, it is not my intention. So please, do not be literal with my words, writing is not easy, much less in a foreing language.

I want to know you that I understand your dislikes about the game. But please, understand that I only want to create a enjoyable game and get people to support me (it should not be any crime in that). Understand that even if you may have good suggestions and ideas, and even if they may be better than mine, Death Star Trainer is my baby, and I also want to be able to build it the way I want.

If you do not like it, I will completely understand that you don't play it (less support it). Maybe the game is not for you. But maybe DST will be a game for other people.

However, there is a wave of hate against this project and me that it is beyond my comprehension. You draw me like some sort of devil, scammer and worse things that I am not. I may have made mistakes, but nothing justifies some of the attitudes and comments that I or this project are receiving.

Trying to make people turn their back on me does not help anyone. It will not help you to get what you want. It will not help me to create a better game. It will not motivate other people to create what you would like to play. The only thing that you will get you is a worse environment in this forum, instead of creating a place of tolerance, respect and creativity.

I also want to add a final conclusion to my previous message.

Some of you are constantly asking me to change my patreon tiers, release cheat versions, etc. I totally respect your suggestions, but starting a witch-hunt because they are not fulfilled is INSANE. Now, please, put on my shoes and imagine this situation:

You are at your work, doing your job the best you can. Your boss supports you and gives you money for it. He even tells you "man, keep working like that".

And now, one day, a random visitor goes to your work place and tells you stuff like "Man, stop doing what you do", "you are a scammer", "nobody believes in you", "your boss is stupid but I know more" ,"you will make a lot more (money/friends) if you make things my way", "screw the people that are supporting and placing your trust in you", "give me what I want just because I ask you to", "look at that guy how successful he is!", "noone else doing the same as you"...

Will you really BETRAY the work you love and the people who is already believing, supporting and feeding positivity just because a guy (or a bunch of guys), who you do not know and only seem to ask you FREE stuff only for their own benefit, only because they promise you could be more rich/loved/successful/whatever?

And when you say "give me time". They immediately come back, notice you haven't obeyed them, and they start insult you, try so hard to sink your hard work, to make you less successful, to make you feel miserable, and start telling lies (even if they are unwillingful lies) to everyone because they want the people who is/could-be supporting you just ignore you and turn their back on you...

...will you?

Merry Christmas.

May 30, 2017
I am glad you've made this decision, it will save you time and worry and hopefully you'll get a better game out of it. I commend you on taking the mods advice, it shows you have the capacity for growth and change, which is what everyone critical of the game has been hopeful for from day one. Perhaps this is a turning point, a sign of good things to come, when this works out for you you might decide to listen to suggestions about how to structure the game to be more player friendly.

Like people critical of you and fans have said, developing one game is easier than developing five. I hope people give this new you some time to listen and learn from your community, to evolve your methods, because the best games are the games that everyone feels like theyre a part of.

One thing I would suggest is that you keep communication lines open and transparent:
-Write up a changelog that covers all the versions so people can see what is added when. It will show your progress and alleviate any doubters. It will also better advertise your game!
-Have an easier to read release schedule, with dates and version numbers youre releasing. Given youre still operating with 5 versions (now possibly 6?) just make it easier for people to see whats coming. Itll save you a lot of spam and keep this thread cleaner.
-Put links to these two things in the OP so people can find them easily :)

Congratulations again on your decision, and best of luck. If you believe in your community, respect them and their time, you will increase your success!

Kaiww

Jul 8, 2018
I agree with Vengfulspirit,
(again dammit ;) )

and moving forward leaving discusions behind seems the right point here.

Merry Christmas
Kai

Reactions: vengefulspirit

Hybris

May 9, 2017
So for the first time I finally broke down and used Cheat Engine to fix the income disparity issue that I mentioned in my last post.

This allowed me to freely upgrade and explore all the content of the current version of the game on F95 (Upgrade all parts of the Death Star as far as possible, Capture all three available girls *Padme, Leia, and Rey*, and speak with all officers and named characters.)

So there are only 3 slaves with incomplete Cantina scenes which is honestly in my opinion pretty damning considering that the main story isn't complete to compensate and most of the features for example in the Engineering section are WIP.

Also I would like to note that the constant loading screens are annoying after playing for a hour especially for simple things like loading a conversation with a officer or other named character.

Besides this now that by cheating I have removed the grind there is virtually no content in this version of the game and it wouldn't surprise me if I were to go back a few versions if I had kept them that I would find virtually the same amount of content.

I'm still going to follow this game but at this point its more to watch what gets posted in the forum rather than to play the game itself unless there is a major overhaul in the amount of content upcoming versions have.

Nicke

Game Developer
Jul 2, 2017
new DST version here in F95zone Patreon Management, Marketing, send me a PM and keep those discussions my last public statement
Is it because of the holidays that your posts are so colourful?! :)

Since you want opinions on handling patreon, money stuff etc in a PM, I'll post my opinion here (We support the rebels, right?).

Giving more money = more voting power is an excellent way to encourage people to support. Having different versions for different support levels is a clusterfuck that only encourages piracy. If I think a game is good enough to support, there's no way in hell I'd both pay for it monthly AND not have access to the latest version.

Reactions: SplashCC

Sky-WaLKeR

Feb 7, 2018
So for the first time I finally broke down and used Cheat Engine to fix the income disparity issue that I mentioned in my last post.

This allowed me to freely upgrade and explore all the content of the current version of F95 (Upgrade all parts of the Death Star as far as possible, Capture all three available girls *Padme, Leia, and Rey*, and speak with all officers and named characters.)

So there are only 3 slaves with incomplete Cantina scenes which is honestly in my opinion pretty damning considering that the main story isn't complete to compensate and most of the features for example in the Engineering section are WIP.

Also I would like to note that the constant loading screens are annoying after playing for a hour especially for simple things like loading a conversation with a officer or other named character.

Besides this now that by cheating I have removed the grind there is virtually no content in this version of the game and it wouldn't surprise me if I were to go back a few versions if I had kept them that I would find virtually the same amount of content.

I'm still going to follow this game but at this point its more to watch what gets posted in the forum rather than to play the game itself unless there is a major overhaul in the amount of content upcoming versions have.
How did u cheat?

Hybris

May 9, 2017
How did u cheat?
Used Cheat Engine to find the money variable and lock it at some super high level. Also I should note that it doesn't work on Patreon levels because that appears to be hardcoded so money is the only thing that is readily cheat able and honestly is all you really need to see what's in the game.

Hanshin

Sep 13, 2018
there is not much content yet, but content will come we speak about a 0.2.19 version. I see versions of games on this site with 1.3 and they have as much content as this game does. I guess he builds the mechanics atm and the sex content will come with it.

Reactions: Darth Smut
U

User_801245

Game looks great but why the F are you locking cheats behind patreon ?

Darth Smut

May 1, 2018
Happy New Year,

Today, I have launched a new Public Version: DST v0.2.37 (Gorg).
(You can get it on the SWAC Discord if you are an Acolyte)

Also, from now on, the number of Monthly Update Releases in this thread will be 2. You will get more Public Updates on Discord & Patreon, but I will not ask the uploaders of F95zone to update the thread if there are no major changes on the content of the game.

Thank you for your comprehension.

there is not much content yet, but content will come we speak about a 0.2.19 version. I see versions of games on this site with 1.3 and they have as much content as this game does. I guess he builds the mechanics atm and the sex content will come with it.
Indeed, creating core mechanics and tweaking them to work as they must is very time consuming. Once I have finished that, I expect to be able to focus on "content" since the game will already be more stable.

Game looks great but why the F are you locking cheats behind patreon ?
I am planing to do a few changes on this early 2019 and cheat access to more patreons is one of them. Soon you will see it. :)

i wish in the future they add Aphra or Mara Jade :3
If everything goes as planned, Mara Jade is the 8th slave of DST. And Aphra is a character that I am still saving because she was recruited exactly during the events depicted on DST (after the battle of Yavin). First I thought to make her an officer, but she changes a lot her loyalties and it's more like a "freelance hire" for Vader. And there are still other better options to become Imperial Officers, such as Morrigan Corde or Darth Talon.

Livvy

Mar 15, 2018
Why are you limiting the updates in this thread to two? Assuming it's not a situation forced upon you by the mods, I can tell you now that's only going to lead to more controversy.

Livvy

Mar 15, 2018
That reads much better than it did originally. Keeping updates to this thread limited to major updates will, I believe, go some way to making you appear like you're taking criticisms on board and adapting to what people are saying.

Hopefully this is the beginning of a whole new chapter in this game's development cycle.

Yumiyah

Jun 25, 2018
Happy New Year,

Today, I have launched a new Public Version: DST v0.2.37 (Gorg).
(You can get it on the SWAC Discord if you are an Acolyte)

Also, from now on, the number of Monthly Update Releases in this thread will be limited to 2. You will get more Public Updates on Discord & Patreon, but I will not ask the uploaders of F95zone to update the thread if there are no major changes on the content of the game.

Thank you for your comprehension.

Indeed, creating core mechanics and tweaking them to work as they must is very time consuming. Once I have finished that, I expect to be able to focus on "content" since the game will already be more stable.

I am planing to do a few changes on this early 2019 and cheat access is one of them. Soon you will see it. :)

If everything goes as planned, Mara Jade is the 8th slave of DST. And Aphra is a character that I am still saving because she was recruited exactly during the events depicted on DST (after the battle of Yavin). First I thought to make her an officer, but she changes a lot her loyalties and it's more like a "freelance hire" for Vader. And there are still other better options to become Imperial Officers, such as Morrigan Corde or Darth Talon.
i was scared that u would only use Cannon characters in non cannon way since all ur characters so far are cannon , glad to know we will have some Legends ones as well as u said Mara Jade and Talon , and speaking of aphra i tought of her because she is Asian and we dont have a lot of female Asians in SW so it would be a nice touch to ur game , gladly u tought of her already :3

1.50 star(s) 44 Votes