Ren'Py Decked in Love [v0.2.0] [MrSilverLust]

3.60 star(s) 5 Votes

schinoize

Jun 8, 2021
Nice game for inbetween!
Although I sometimes wished for a save button after every stage, I also enjoyed the challenge, trying to get my hang around it and figure what works best (I never played a rogue-like card game before).
The briefcase almost singlehandedly swept my last Nora run.

Reactions: Felows

Everblue

Jun 1, 2021
Checking back in since I really enjoyed the game mechanics from your first build. I didn't find the difficulty to be an issue, since the game essentially autosaves at the end of the level letting you replay if needed.

Hoping you haven't abandoned this project because it looks promising.

starbright2

Apr 9, 2022
Some of these rules are going to have to be revised. You're too powerful early on and there's zero extra payoff for smart moves.

rb813

Aug 28, 2018
Some of these rules are going to have to be revised. You're too powerful early on and there's zero extra payoff for smart moves.
Yes, if there were a way to smartly use that early over-power to get a better build for the later rounds (like fighting elite enemies in other Spire-likes), that would help with the difficulty spikes a lot.

Reactions: starbright2

rb813

Aug 28, 2018
...This game should honestly be split into "gamer" and "fapper" difficulty levels (players who want some sexy images within a legitimately challenging roguelike, versus players who want to beat off while doing something that vaguely resembles a card game).

Reactions: starbright2
3.60 star(s) 5 Votes