HTML Deep in Hollywood Inc. [v0.18] [Ulysses Games]

4.10 star(s) 17 Votes

bitsybobs3

Ultimate Torrent Dude
Donor
Jun 13, 2021
DeepInHollywoodInc-0.18
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

riadhloch

Jul 1, 2018
This game has a surprising amount of tongue in cheek humor. Looking forward to future updates!

EDIT: There are two glaring problems I have with this game though:

1. If the player fails a check, please tell them the target number they need to reach to succeed at that check. Otherwise they'll keep coming back again and again only to be disappointed, and that will drain their excitement and enthusiasm. No one likes to fail without knowing a goal target to reach for eventual success. Arbitrary goals make no one happy.

2. There are events or choices gated by delaying a reply, and no indication that the player should delay to see if something more could happen. It can be inferred from the text in some cases but not all. If I may, I'd recommend some sort of icon on these pages to indicate that something more could happen if the player waits. Otherwise, it's frustrating having to wait on every screen for an arbitrary amount of time to see if there are other choices the player can follow. That kind of unpredictability can be fun in a few cases, but not for every single decision; what should be excitement quickly becomes tedium instead.

Last edited:

Hupplin

Jan 23, 2021
I have downloaded this game creating a new file on three separate occasions. I eventually reach a stop point due to lack of points and no clue what else to do to fix it. I start over trying different choices to see if I can squeeze out the extra missing point, but to no avail. Some where along the way I miss one thing and I can't get all the content. I am hesitant on even trying this again, but against my better judgement, MAYBE the creator fixed something.

Reactions: TomSKOua
Oct 25, 2017
People are frustrated because this sort of system creates a nasty feedback loop that grows exponentially. If done badly enough it might even soft lock the game (though this is obviously not the case right now, but it certainly does DELAY a lot of the action present in this version). Please, dev, watch out for those. I can sorta see how that church tries to equalize it but at that point in the game the player might be too deep in the low points from all of the intro scenes.

This is a big conundrum to solve as is, but it gets EVEN WORSE because the game only shows options that require [more than] a set of points, and none that require [less than], which makes the low points players feel like they're playing "the wrong path" instead of just a different one. And I know this makes it seems like I'm asking for a two-path solution, which would double the amount of writing, but there's an alternative that doesn't require a lot of writing at all: Make some options only show up for people with less than X points, not to create a fork in the story, but just to create a quick little scenes to raise a few of those points if they want to.

I'll do something that makes me cringe every time I see people do it here but I'll risk throwing a little idea for the dev about those intro sequences (before free roam): present a little fork in the story that only shows up for people with low points, so that it gives them the opportunity to go back to a high points game before the start of free roam.

Last edited:
Reactions: TomSKOua

sixthousandbees

Apr 20, 2020
i experienced a bug in an earlier version that allowed me to retain my stats on completing the game, allowing for a ng+ experience. I think this should be a feature of the game.

meleaguance

Mar 2, 2021
So, I like this game. It's got a good sense of humor. --But does it "work"? I mean I focused on taking exhibitionism whenever I could with depravity in second place, and still it would tell me over and over that those values weren't high enough for this or that thing.

Also, on a side note, I'd like it if you had a negative submission you'd get sexual scenes where you are dominant.

Nope

Aug 5, 2016
there is a walkthourh or a way to edit the MC stats ?
There is a browser addon called twinehacker that will let you edit variables in most twine games. I find this game somewhat annoying without it.

Nope

Aug 5, 2016
So, I like this game. It's got a good sense of humor. --But does it "work"? I mean I focused on taking exhibitionism whenever I could with depravity in second place, and still it would tell me over and over that those values weren't high enough for this or that thing.

Also, on a side note, I'd like it if you had a negative submission you'd get sexual scenes where you are dominant.
Some of the ones you can't get immediately are repeatable like the church and news so I'm assuming you just go further with them the higher your stats go. You can edit them high enough to get them first time though.

4.10 star(s) 17 Votes