4.60 star(s) 45 Votes

Komodia

Jan 14, 2022
So the named mob bot folder files end up extracted to
\SR24-0.5.1-win\game\mods\0050_base_content\assets\images\mod_bots\, that works.
I'm unfamiliar with the original game and just started playing the modded version. It looks like the "vanilla" images are stored at \SR24-0.5.1-win\game\mods\0050_base_content\assets\images\bots\.

squirrel24 , do you think that as you tinker more with the game you could make one change to the workshop mechanics? "Tinker", "Tinker bots". and "Stabilize bots" don't pull from the the most damaged potential bot or part, so you can blow all your points for a time period on "Stabilize bots" several time cycles in a row fixing 1-3% repairs and still have one bot descend into being completely unstable. It would be awesome if the function worked its way up from worst to best instead of randomly selecting a bot or part.
Just to give my own opinion here, I myself would prefer to completely fix Bot A before it moves on to the parts of Bot B, no matter how low they were. That way I can spam it a bit and have one completed. Ideally(yes I know not plausible) you would able to have a toggle to say Lowest Part - Bot Completion - Highest Part. Something along those lines.

squirrel24

Mar 12, 2021
Regarding the tinker bot and stabilize bot buttons, I guess there's more than way to look at it so they're going to stay random for awhile. Cheers!

Last edited:

Daedalron

Oct 19, 2018
So the named mob bot folder files end up extracted to
\SR24-0.5.1-win\game\mods\0050_base_content\assets\images\mod_bots\, that works.
I'm unfamiliar with the original game and just started playing the modded version. It looks like the "vanilla" images are stored at \SR24-0.5.1-win\game\mods\0050_base_content\assets\images\bots\.
That depends where you extract the JSON. I assume you placed it in the "0050_base_content" directory?
Personally, I place the JSON at the root of the mods folder, and the "assets" directory in that "mods" folder. That way it is clearer which JSONs and assets are mods I added, and which are the base game.

Reactions: SenPC

squirrel24

Mar 12, 2021
That depends where you extract the JSON. I assume you placed it in the "0050_base_content" directory?
Personally, I place the JSON at the root of the mods folder, and the "assets" directory in that "mods" folder. That way it is clearer which JSONs and assets are mods I added, and which are the base game.
I agree with Daedalron; .json files belong in 'mods' and assets belong in 'mods\assets' which you should create if necessary.

I'll go even further and suggest that you never put any files inside the '0050_base_content' directory, you never modify any of the files inside this directory, and you never delete any of the files inside this directory. Radnor is a far better programmer than I am and his code in DSCS could tolerate these things. I'm a novice so my code is more fragile and changes inside this folder may lead to crashing the game. I'm sorry but just because you could get away with things like this in DSCS doesn't mean you can get away with them in SR24.

I've thought about removing the '0050_base_content' folder and hiding the contents within the build itself but I haven't done it because the files in there provide examples for people writing mods. Cheers!

Reactions: Daedalron

sailer

Nov 8, 2017
Bots of Mass Effects Girls : made with SR24 game defaults ( the parts of the game (no mods necessary) )

1713948943341.png

made with my software of course

Last edited:
Reactions: SenPC

squirrel24

Mar 12, 2021
Hi Everyone, A significant bug was reported in SR24 v0.5.1 this morning. The bug was introduced in SR24 v0.4.1. No one should continue playing either of these 2 versions, please upgrade to SR24 v0.5.2 which is posted here. The bug involves 'Ray's Online' bot store and indirectly could affect buying bots at the flea market. There are no new features in SR24 v0.5.2 compared to v0.5.1, it includes only the bug fix. Sorry about the inconvenience and a big "Thank You!" to Mr_Shaky who figured out what the problem was and how to fix it much faster than I could. Here is a link to a folder with SR24 v0.5.2 for all 4 platforms plus the readme:

Reactions: ClownBug and SenPC

cavebear

Mar 5, 2019
i have been having an issue with renaming the teacher where the game tries to restart from the begining where you owe the mob the starting debt.

squirrel24

Mar 12, 2021
i have been having an issue with renaming the teacher where the game tries to restart from the begining where you owe the mob the starting debt.
Thanks for letting me know, I'll look into it! :unsure:
Update: I looked at the code for renaming the mc and teacher and unfortunately I don't see anything that could cause this. Can you give me more information? If you have a saved game before it happened what does the 'Journal' say about quests? What does it say afterwards. I'm trying to figure out where you're at in the games progression to help me figure this out. Cheers!
Second update: In spite of what I said you are correct, it happens on my Android tablet too. I'm away on a long weekend vacation, will be home next Tuesday and I'll see if I can figure this out.

Last edited:

squirrel24

Mar 12, 2021
Is there a chop part of the chop shop yet? no one ever answered if that's the case.
It's not staring you in the face in the game but there is a 'chop shop' feature/capability. When you are 'interacting' with a bot and go to the 'Tinker' screen there is a button that says "Disassemble". This takes all the parts off the bot putting them into inventory where you can sell them. The remainder of the bot, the chassis, is discarded. This is what 'chop shops' do but it's not obvious in the game.

I've never paid enough attention to know if you get more money for the parts selling them from inventory or if you get more money by going to the flea market and selling the bot itself. Here's an idea to make the 'chop shop' more of a reality. Every time you sell a bot at the flea market there is a low frequency random event where the buyer notices the bot you sold them is "hot" and you have to bribe them to keep quiet. Could happen when selling bots at Robosechs and on the BBS too. Just a thought, opinions welcome! Cheers!

Obsessively

Jul 14, 2020
Hey ,i found an error on android version of SR24.

When entering Raymond's online bots and bot parts shop from Bookmarks, currently selected bot resets (bought it from Raymond's (online) bots ,other one which i took it from scavenging doesn't reset).

Last edited:

squirrel24

Mar 12, 2021
Hey ,i found an error on android version of SR24.

When entering Raymond's online bots and bot parts shop from Bookmarks, currently selected bot resets (bought it from Raymond's (online) bots ,other one which i took it from scavenging doesn't reset).
Did you update to version 0.5.2? This is the bug that was in versions 0.4.1 and 0.5.1. Unfortunately even if you did update to version 0.5.2 it's possible that your saved game is corrupted. Let me know which version you're playing now.

Reactions: Obsessively
Jan 31, 2022
It's not staring you in the face in the game but there is a 'chop shop' feature/capability. When you are 'interacting' with a bot and go to the 'Tinker' screen there is a button that says "Disassemble". This takes all the parts off the bot putting them into inventory where you can sell them. The remainder of the bot, the chassis, is discarded. This is what 'chop shops' do but it's not obvious in the game.

I've never paid enough attention to know if you get more money for the parts selling them from inventory or if you get more money by going to the flea market and selling the bot itself. Here's an idea to make the 'chop shop' more of a reality. Every time you sell a bot at the flea market there is a low frequency random event where the buyer notices the bot you sold them is "hot" and you have to bribe them to keep quiet. Could happen when selling bots at Robosechs and on the BBS too. Just a thought, opinions welcome! Cheers!
Nah I mean like can you take the arms and legs off the bot and use em.

squirrel24

Mar 12, 2021
Nah I mean like can you take the arms and legs off the bot and use em.
What do you actually want to do? The only thing you cannot do is remove one or more specific parts from a bot and keep the bot. I guess that's what you want to do, right? If you don't mind me asking, why?

Jan 31, 2022
What do you actually want to do? The only thing you cannot do is remove one or more specific parts from a bot and keep the bot. I guess that's what you want to do, right? If you don't mind me asking, why?
You haven't seen the subgroup of hentai consumers that are into quadruple amputee androids?

Obsessively

Jul 14, 2020
Did you update to version 0.5.2? This is the bug that was in versions 0.4.1 and 0.5.1. Unfortunately even if you did update to version 0.5.2 it's possible that your saved game is corrupted. Let me know which version you're playing now.
Ah sht. Its ver 0.5.1 indeed didn't see thread got updated.

Mr_Sel

Mar 16, 2018
One thing I'm certainly missing is: there should be significant combat experience from participating in UFC fight (probably even more from losing than winning).

Damn shame, it's a pretty big niche audience ya'know.
The basic parameter of the bot is autonomy. What you describe is not a robot, but furniture with moaning feature.

• Haha
Reactions: ClownBug
4.60 star(s) 45 Votes