4.60 star(s) 45 Votes

Jaga Telesin

Apr 19, 2023
I love the sexbot restoration revival! Just a quick check: Can we use mods (atleast the custom bots) from the first version too?
For the most part - yes. But you have to be REALLY careful which ones, as some can break the game and your save at the same time. I had to abandon a rather long playthrough due to a mod constantly throwing errors and content being missing, and the author of that mod hasn't granted permission for it to be "fixed" for squirrel's version. When in doubt, don't use the mod.

squirrel24

Mar 12, 2021
I love the sexbot restoration revival! Just a quick check: Can we use mods (atleast the custom bots) from the first version too?
In general mods written for DSCS work in SR24 including most bot mods. Unfortunately there are some exceptions. The current version of SR24 (0.6.1) includes information about this and also has a MS Word doc describing how to fix the most likely problems with bot mods. These files are in the 'information' folder inside the 'game' folder. If you find the 'mods' folder you've also found the 'information' folder. Cheers!

• Red Heart
Reactions: Sexyboy13

squirrel24

Mar 12, 2021
i like the current gamplay mechanics. As you probably already said somewhere: there is a lot of potential in this game for gameplay and story, but programming everything is a lot of work and as such i am patient with suggesting too much since i feel like you already have a lot to do.

so far i think if you focus on gamplay mechanics or on story quests doesnt really matter too much for me personaly. i am just happy that you are working on it.

One idea i would have for gameplay is that you could use bots to start other bussiness ventures, things that maybe generate passive income. Such a thing would probably also bring new avenues for story quest or new characters, for example someone who could manage those bussinesses for you.

i know you said you would like to work on your own for now, but if you DO want some help, for example writing a little story quest line or something, i could maybe offer my help.

for now keep doing what you are doing;)
Thanks for your kind words! :)

My plans for SR24 have some overlap with your suggestion. In one of the next two releases there will be a significant side activity. It won't generate income but it will fit the story line and one of the NPCs in SR24 will manage the activity. Right now I'm working on the artwork for the side activity. When the artwork is finished I will either begin coding the side activity or I will create a new bot role to help manage the increased number of active bots (in capsules rather than storage). I haven't decided which one will be coded first.

I think it's great if you want to create story quests and you can do this independently, that's how I got started. 'Mob Protection', 'Night School', and 'Home Workout' were all mods for DSCS before SR24 existed. You can do similar things for SR24 if you'd like. If you decide to do this I only ask one thing; please don't use any of the NPCs in SR24. The story line of SR24 will continue to use these NPCs and if they are also used in mods there will probably be strange inconsistencies.

If you want help getting started I created a file called 'Fake Quest' some time ago which is a template for getting a quest mod started (link below). Even better, I always liked a mod started by ZOM called 'Elixir Club' and I wish he'd been able to complete it. You can download ZOM's partially completed mod to use as an example, I believe he writes better code than I do! The 'Elixir Club' is a side business much like you suggested and has new NPCs. (ZOM: If you're reading this perhaps you can chime in?)

Cheers!

Reactions: ClownBug

squirrel24

Mar 12, 2021
Hi All, In order to support anyone who wants to make mods for SR24 or update DSCS mods for SR24 I'm going to begin posting both the game and the source code whenever I release a new version of SR24. You'll always be able to see the current version and corresponding source code in my signature. Cheers!

Ronin13

Jul 21, 2017
Is there a way to increase the number of images/animations files for the missions? For example you have 40 images files for the whore mission (24 for various sex acts and 16 for combat), would be nice to have more variety. I use some of the animations from the various bot packs (rename the files and overwrite).
Thnaks.

squirrel24

Mar 12, 2021
Is there a way to increase the number of images/animations files for the missions? For example you have 40 images files for the whore mission (24 for various sex acts and 16 for combat), would be nice to have more variety. I use some of the animations from the various bot packs (rename the files and overwrite).
Thnaks.
Unfortunately you cannot add images/animations to missions although, as you already know, you can replace the contents provided you use the exact same file names. I'm sure you are not alone in wanting more variety in images but this isn't going to happen.

In DSCS missions were entirely text based, no images/animations at all. When adding images to missions I decided to use the actual bot avatar but generic action images. The images I'm putting into SR24 are in context, i.e. the actions and the setting match the story. Creating action images for all the bots in 'vanilla' SR24 would take me a very long time and I don't think any bot mod authors would want to do this.

Ronin13

Jul 21, 2017
Unfortunately you cannot add images/animations to missions although, as you already know, you can replace the contents provided you use the exact same file names. I'm sure you are not alone in wanting more variety in images but this isn't going to happen.

In DSCS missions were entirely text based, no images/animations at all. When adding images to missions I decided to use the actual bot avatar but generic action images. The images I'm putting into SR24 are in context, i.e. the actions and the setting match the story. Creating action images for all the bots in 'vanilla' SR24 would take me a very long time and I don't think any bot mod authors would want to do this.
Thx

4.60 star(s) 45 Votes